Friend...?

-Songs For This Chapter, #1 Destroya by My Chemical Romance.-

Ava sighed and walked forward with the other kids, she also took out her headphones so she could hear whatever the people had to say. Ava looked around and saw that there was a wide verity of people.

There looked like there was a lot of different types of people. Ava shuddered and wrapped the jacket she had found on the car floor around her body. Since it was late October it was getting colder. 

Ava was standing behind two boys since she didn't really want to be seen or noticed. Little did she know, there was already a boy who noticed her. "Hello everyone! My name is Mrs. Carol, if you need anything at all please ask one of the staff for me. Now, some of you may not know why you're here or what this summer camp is about so I shall explain."

'Finally,' Ava thought, "unlike most summer camps, we don't have any set activities. If you make a friend, and you both want to do something, then you are allowed to go do it. Other than that you are only required to come out of your house to eat, shower, and help with small chores when it is time to do those things."

Ava smiled, sitting in her bed almost all day sounded hella fun. "Also, you will be paired with one person each to live in the house with you. He or she will be your housemate for the full week and we encourage you to try to make friends with this housemate."

Ava nodded, 'well, one person won't be too much for me to handle,' she thought while keeping in mind her anxiety. "Now, when I call your name, please come up to the front, Sarah Richard!" A girl about Ava's height walked up to the front.

She seemed very cheery and bubbly, and she was wearing all pink. Ava prayed she wouldn't be paired with her. "Charles Badzioch?" the woman called. A younger boy walked up to the front and smiled at the girl.

They were told a few things and then they walked out of the door. "Ava Lenin?" Ava sighed and hung her head as she walked to the front with her bag. "And, Hanna Smith," Ava looked up as a girl walked towards her.

She seemed calm and she walked with a sort of power that Ava couldn't explain. She seemed confident and powerful, but humble and shy at the same time. She flashed Ava a smile as she stood next to her.

Mrs. Carol turned to them and smiled. "Here are some directions to your house, there will be some instructions in your house as well. They're more like times for different things, but still, have a great time girls!"

Ava gave her a weak smile as she doubted she'd have a good time. Ava followed Hanna to their apparent house. It was painted black was next to a blue and red house. "The blue house seemed awfully close," Ava whispered, noticing how their house and the blue house were almost touching.

"Yeah, they are. Also! A black house, they couldn't have gotten the color more perfect. Or, for me at least. Do you like the color black?" Hanna asked as she turned and smiled at Ava. Ava nodded and smiled a little bit, "yeah, it's actually my favorite color."

Hanna smiled and motioned towards her, "why don't we go inside and introduce ourselves?" Ava nodded and walked inside the house with Hanna. Ava flinched a little when the door slammed behind her, she had to shake her head and remind herself she was safe here... for now.

"Oh, here's the paper. Just like Mrs. Carol said, it's just the times for stuff." Ava nodded and looked around the room. There were bunk beds, a desk, a dresser, a small kitchen and dining area, a couch, a coffee table, and a tv. 

"This place is nice, why don't we sit down and talk?" Hanna suggested. Ava nodded and went to sit on the couch, "do you mind if I play some music?" Hanna asked while pulling out her phone. Ava shook her head and Hanna smiled. "Do you like My Chemical Romance?"

Ava smiled, "fuck yeah I do!" Hanna smiled and turned on an MCR playlist. They were both grateful that they had found another person similar to them. 

-Start #1-

"So, your name is Ava right?" Ava nodded, "yeah, and you're Hanna. That's a really pretty name by the way," Hanna smiled, "thanks, you're super sweet. Sorry if I talk too much, my mom says I'm a chatterbox."

Ava shrugged, "I don't care, I'm a pretty quiet person. My parents..." Ava trailed off and a frown appeared on her face. 'Remember, you're not supposed to talk about you're parents' Ava thought.

It was an automatic response to Ava even mentioning her parents, she couldn't turn it off anymore. Her parents had drilled in her head that she wasn't to mention them to anyone. Hanna looked at her with a concerned look on her face.

"Are you ok?" Hanna asked, Ava pulled up a fake smile and nodded. "Yeah, sorry, just thinking..." Hanna chuckled. "Yeah, just spaced out huh? I do that a lot. So, what should we do tomorrow? I like swimming, but I don't really know what you like doing."

Ava shrugged, "I like swimming a bit, I don't do it often enough to know though. And, I didn't bring my swimsuit," Hanna frowned. "Oh!" Hanna said as her face lit up, "I have an extra one, it's never been used so you can wear it!"

Ava smiled, 'why is she so nice?' she asked herself. "That sounds great, thanks. Swimming tomorow sounds fun, what if we explored the next day?" Hanna smiled, "I think we are going to be best friends because I love exploring too. Here, what's your number? I want to get it early in case you or I get lost."

Both of the girls chuckled as they exchanged phone numbers. "Honestly, I'm just glad your name is easy to remember," Hanna said while she nodded her head along to the song. Ava nodded, "yeah, same. But seriously, you have such a pretty name!"

Hanna blushed, "thanks, you do too. Umm, we should head to dinner it's going to start soon." Ava nodded and glanced at the map Hanna had set on the coffee table. "Will we need that?" Ava asked.

Hanna shook her head, "I don't think so, I'll know where to go. I'm very good at figuring things like this out," Ava nodded and stood up from the couch. Hanna did the same and they both walked out of the house and to dinner.

-Hello everyone! What do you think of Hanna? Please let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from my readers! I love you all so much, I hope you have an amazing rest of your day/night!-