Going To Camp!

-Song for this chapter, #1 xanny by Billie Eilish. Also, slight mention of self-harm in this chapter, if you get triggered by things like this please do not read. Thank you.-

Ava jumped slightly and her mother chuckled, "good morning, it's time for us to go so you better hurry up. Make sure you've packed everything and meet me in the car!" her mother said before walking away.

Ava heard the door shut and she sighed. 'I need to pack the toothbrush and stuff,' she thought while getting up out of her bed. She walked over to the bathroom and stuffed her toothbrush and toothpaste in the bag quickly.

After that, she walked to her closet and threw on her shoes. "I should probably change clothes," she whispered to herself as she searched through the floor of her closet for some fallen shirt. She found one and put it on after taking off the one she was wearing.

She decided to leave the jeans she was wearing on since they were comfortable. She grabbed the bag and started walking out the door when she felt like she forgot something. But, she had packed everything right?

"Oh!" she exclaimed as she ran over to the dresser with the bag. "I forgot to pack underwear, that would have been embarrassing huh?" she asked herself. After she finished putting the underwear in the bag and zipping it up, Ava ran downstairs.

She had no intention of being late, none at all. She grabbed what looked like a muffin from a plate full of muffins on the counter on her way out the door. When she got in the car, she let out a sigh and smiled.

At least hanging out with her mom would be more fun than with her father. Though, she realized, her mom would probably just be talking to her boyfriend on the phone. Ava still couldn't believe she was cheating on her dad with another man, but it made sense.

Her mom gave her a smile in the rear-veiw mirror and Ava returned it. "Thanks, mom," Ava said quietly, her mom nodded and pulled out of the driveway. Ava reached in her pocket for her phone and headphones. After she pulled them out, she plugged them in and hit shuffle on her music.

-Start #1-

Ava smiled since she hadn't heard this song in a long time. As she looked out the window she imagined what life would be like if she was a singer and what would be different. 'If I was a singer, I could travel all over the world. 

That seems so fun, I really wish I could go more places.' she thought. 'Anywhere would be better than my house,' she thought while staring out the window and looking at the trees. Ava sighed as she saw a squirrel run up a tree, she knew it was a strange thought but she wished she could be free like the squirrel.

'One day, one day I'll be free from this mess,' she thought to herself. Ava's attention turned down to her wrist as it had started to itch. After scratching at it for a few seconds, she looked down and saw the scars on her wrist. She sighed as she scratched a little longer until the itch went away. She remembered back to last week when those scars had come to be

-Flashback-

Tears streaked down her face as Ava ran upstairs. "And no dinner!" her dad yelled at her. Ava let out a sob as she shut her door and sunk down to the floor. She gripped at her carpet, just trying to have a hold onto something, anything. 

Ava wished she could control something in her life, even the smallest thing! Ava turned her attention to her dresser where her razor lay. Ava didn't know why it looked so tempting, but it did. She stood up, whipped some of the tears from her cheeks, and whipped her nose as well. She walked over to the dresser and with a shaky hand Ava picked up the razor.

-Real Time- 

Ava shivered just remembering it. She had never done anything like that before, but it had just been so tempting. She shook her head, why was she even trying to justify her actions to herself? Ava sighed and bit her lip, would it happen again? 

She didn't know, she just knew that it didn't matter... that nothing that happened to her mattered... to anyone.

A single tear rolled down Ava's cheek as she thought about it. 'No one really cares about me, do they? Dad uses me as a way to take out his anger, mom uses me to lech money off of people somehow, and everyone else has left me for one reason or another. 

No one noticed the scars on my arm, and probably no one would care if I told them.' Ava sighed and whipped the tear off of her cheek.

-One Hour Later-

"Honey, we're here!" her mother exclaimed, Ava looked out the window and saw that they were driving by some sort of gate. 'Wow, I must have spaced out or some shit, I can't believe we're already here,' Ava thought to herself. 

She stared out the window as they kept driving on the dirt road. Ava could see houses to her left, and what looked like some other buildings as well. There were woods surrounding her, 'at least I'm not scared of the woods or anything,' Ava thought as her mother parked the car. 

Ava opened her door after her mom did and she picked up her bag before getting out of the car. After shutting her door, Ava followed her mother to whenever she was going. They walked into a building where a lot of kids Ava's age were saying goodbye to their parents. 

She thought she even heard one kid say she would miss her parents so much. Ava sighed, 'what is it like to miss a parent? Or feel like you love them?' Ava asked herself. She shook her head and put on a smile as they approached a desk.

"Hello, may I help you?" the woman behind the desk asked. Ava turned and looked around the room, it was defiantly woods and green themed. Ava didn't necessarily like the decor, but she couldn't complain. At least it didn't look like she'd have to stay here. 

"Uh, yes. I'm here to sign my daughter in," "Oh! Lovely! What is her name?" the woman asked. Ava turned back to the woman to answer the question but her mother did it for her. "Ava, Ava Lenin," the woman smiled and nodded as she looked down at her clipboard. 

"Ah yes, you must be Sherri Lenin?" Ava's mom nodded, "yes ma'am, I am. Is there anything I need to do or...?" The woman shook her head, "other than sign this, nope. You just say your goodbyes and leave, we will let Ava here know everything she needs to know. 

We will contact you the day before you need to pick her up alrighty?!" The lady asked cheerfully. Ava's mom nodded and signed the paper quickly. After giving Ava a quick hug, she was off. Ava sighed and stood in the corner of the room before all of the kids were called to go stand in the front of the room.

-Hello everyone! How was your day? I hope it was good, I got to see someone that's really close to me yesterday so I'm still very happy about seeing him. Thank you all for reading, please let me know if you liked the chapter in the comments! Any feedback is appreciated! I love you all so much, have an amazing rest of your day! 💙🖤💜💙🖤💜💙🖤💜-