It's Close, Danger is Close

-WARNING! Mentions of self-harm in this chapter. Songs for this chapter, #1, Twisted by MISSIO, #2, Chlorine by Twenty One Pilots. Start #1 now-

Ava threw back her head while laughing. She shook her head and re-read the text Mika has just sent her. Ava was sitting cross-legged on her bed, she was still in her pajamas and she was texting Mika. 

It was still early in the morning, only ten. Ava hadn't bothered making breakfast because her dad had gone somewhere. 

Mika: So, that's all about my family. What's your parents like? And what does your name mean? I know I can look it up, but I'm too lazy lol.

Ava sighed, should she tell him? Ava trusted him, but she didn't trust her father... and she knew that was the right choice. She knew she shouldn't mention the abuse. Ava shook her head and decided to start with the meaning of her name.

Ava: My name means a few things I guess, it means "bearer of good news," "bird," and "living," what about yours?

Mika: Lol, my name means "gift from God," but it also means "intelligent raccoon" and it cracks me up whenever I think of it

Ava burst out laughing, she knew that some names had weird meanings but this one was hilarious.

Ava: Seriously?! Omg lol!

Mika: Yeah, so what about your parents? What are they like? You act weird whenever someone brings up the parents or ask you about yours.

Ava took a deep breath and choose her next words carefully.

Ava: Well, my parents are kinda neglecting me. I cook and clean everything, they leave me home alone a lot. My dad sometimes comes home drunk, he's not an alcoholic or anything and my mom is never home. She's always away on business.

-Start #2-

'Lair' Ava thought to herself as she sent the text. She wasn't completely lying but most of it was a lie or twist on the truth.

Mika: well, your parents sound like shit. I wanna be your new dad now, and mom.

Mika: your dom if you will

Mika: wait oh wait!! Not what I meant hang on!

Ava: omg Mika!! Haha, you're silly!

Mika instantly regretted sending that text and he was now blushing a deep read. 'What do I do?!' He asked himself while he wondered what to text back.

Ava: so... daddy, what are we gonna do now 😉

Mika: don't call me that Ava I swear!

Ava: lol, I'll stop. But really, what do we talk about now?

Mika: your parents, they don't seem nice. Your mom was yelling at you at the camp... it seemed different than the typical mom yell. Are you alright there?

Ava: oh yeah, of course! I'm totally fine Mika, no need to worry! So, how is Star?

'No I'm not, I need help,' Ava thought as she sent the text. 'It could be worse though, so I'm fine at the moment... it could always be worse.' Ava sighed as she waited for Mika to answer.

Mika: Star is doing great! She's getting so big lol. You're sure you're ok?

Ava: aww, I want to meet her! Yes, Mika, I would tell you if something was wrong.

Mika: I know you would, you know you can trust me though? With anything, I'll always be here to listen if you need anything. I'm always here for you Ava.

Ava sighed when she read the text. She wanted to tell Mika, she really did. There were so many things that she wanted to do. She wanted to hug Mika, she wanted to see him again. She wanted to feel that feeling she gets when she's around him. But she can't, she's stuck here. All alone.

Ava: I know, and I trust you, completely. Don't worry, I'm totally fine Mika, you can tell me anything too ok? I'm always here for you too.

Mika: Aww, thanks. But enough of this sentimental bullshit, would you rather kiss a frog or a worm?!

Ava: what the hell Mika lol?! I guess a frog since worms are gross.

Mika: Good point, but worms are nice, their not gross

Ava rolled her eyes, no matter what anyone said, worms would always be gross. Same with any type of insect or bug... or spider.

Ava: whatever you say buddy, wyr spill hot coffee all over yourself or spill an iced coffee over yourself?

Mika: iced, cold is better than hot. Wyr ride a horse or an elephant?

Ava: Elephant Lol, what's your ideal date?

Mika: hmm, a long fast drive while we listen to music loudly. We get food and take it to a field where we lay on a blanket on the grass and we'd look up at the stars. I'd turn to her and kiss her cheek softly, after that I would kiss her lips softly and let her take it from there.

Ava's stomach turned but in a good way. Ava wanted that so much, she yearned for someone to do that with. Little did Ava know that she yearned to do that with Mika.

Mika: what about you?

Ava: I don't know, it probably sounds dumb. Yours sounded so cute and sweet... mine can't match up.

Mika: I'm sure it's not! Tell me! And thank you, I like treating women right, unlike some dickhead I know

Ava: lol, well... I would like to go to a trampoline park with the person, after that we would go shopping and then get ice cream. See, dumb

Mika groaned, 'why is she so cute and perfect?' he asked himself. 'If only she knew how I feel about her, but I can't tell her. She probably doesn't feel the same way... she's too perfect for me,' he thought to himself.

Mika: that's not dumb at all!! It's so cute!

Ava: really? Thanks, Mika, yours is still better though.

Mika: maybe it is, but yours is the runner up

Ava: Hey dumbass, I'm the only other person! It's either first place or runner up!

Mika: oh... I guess you're right lol

Ava rolled her eyes but smiled right after. "This dude," she whispered to herself.

Ava: I need to go, but it'll text you later ok!

Mika: alrighty! Bye!

Ava: bye!

Ava turned off her phone and smiled. 'He's the best,' she thought before getting out of bed and waking to her bathroom. Ava turned on the bath, after a few minutes she got in the bath. Ava sighed at how warm it was, but it did nothing to calm her thoughts. 

'You don't deserve his friendship!' 'He's only talking to you out of pity!' 'He's like everyone else, he wouldn't care if you died.' A single tear rolled down Ava's cheek as she turned and saw her razor sitting on the shelf. It was enticing and pulling her in. 

Ava wanted to feel something, anything other than whatever she felt now. Ava reached for her razor and brought it close to her wrist. Ava closed her eyes before...

'Huh?' Ava asked herself. She looked around and saw that she was still in the bath, but the water was slightly red and her wrist was bleeding. 'I must have blacked out again,' she thought to herself as she got out of the bath. Ava silently got ready for the day, her main focus, however, was on her stinging wrist.

-Hello everyone! How was your day? I hope it was good, and if it wasn't I'm sorry. What is your dream date? Mine is basically Mika's lol. I love you guys so much! Have an amazing rest of your day/night-