Warmer

-WARNING! Mentions of abuse and talks of injuries, blood, and self-harm. Songs for this chapter, #1, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, #2, Leave A Light On by Tom Walker. Start #1-

"Shit Ava, you're freezing! Let's get you warmed up," Mika said as he carried Ava into his house bridal style. Ava just held onto him and shivered in his arms. "M-Mika," Ava whispered as Mika set her down on the couch.

"How long where you walking in the snow?!" Mika asked as he sat down next to Ava, "m-maybe fifteen minutes? But I j-just recently got on a bus... so all day minus thirty minutes. My hands are s-so cold."

Mika gave Ava a sorrowful look, "here, let me see," Mika said as he took her hands. The boys Ava had run into earlier had taken her gloves so they had been exposed to the cold. Mika's eyes widened and he pulled Ava's hands closer to him.

"You're right, they are cold. I'll go turn on the fireplace," Mika stood up to go turn on the fireplace and in the process, he let go of Ava's hands. Ava was starting to regret coming here, Mika would definitely ask what happened.

"No, that's ok. Maybe I should, maybe I should just go back," Ava said as Mika returned from the fireplace. The room was already getting warmer but Ava still shivered. Mika sat next to Ava again and he shook his head.

"No, it's fine. I don't mind, you must have had a reason to come here," Ava sighed and nodded as she looked down at her hands. She was still crying and shivering, "sorry, I don't wanna be a bother."

"Ava," Mika whispered. Ava looked up at Mika, he looked at her with a concerned look. "don't say that, you're not a bother. I was really worried Ava, I'm still worried! Another five minutes in that snow and you would have frozen!"

Ava sighed, she knew that. Ava wrapped her arms around herself to try to warm herself up. "Ava, come here, let me warm you up," Mika pulled Ava into his arms. "I know that something happened, but we don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to," Ava nodded as she cried into Mika's shoulder.

"Don't cry," Mika whispered as he rubbed Ava's back. It suddenly hit him that he was holding Ava and she was crying into his shoulder. He felt like this was a special moment, that he was the only one that was there for her and he couldn't screw this up.

Ava noticed that Mika had tensed up and she abruptly broke the hug. Ava whipped her tears even though more replaced them. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that," Ava sighed, 'he just did it because I'm hurt, he doesn't want to hold me,' she thought.

Ava started shivering again despite the room being warm. "We need to get you out of those cold clothes and get you into a warm bath." Mika said suddenly, "can you walk or do your feet hurt?" "My feet hurt, but I can wa-" Mika shook his head and picked Ava up bridal style again.

Ava sniffled and rested her head against Mika's chest. She smiled, she could hear his heartbeat. It was soothing and made her feel better somehow. Mika carried her up the stairs carefully, when they got to the bathroom he set her down on the counter.

"Umm, I'll start the bath and then leave alright? You can take a bath and I'll wait outside the door, if that's o-ok of course!" Ava nodded tiredly as Mika started the bathwater. Ava started to take off her shirt and Mika closed his eyes tightly before starting to walk out of the room.

"Mika!" Ava yelled suddenly, Mika whipped around but he kept his eyes closed. "What Ava?" he asked softly. "Can, can you s-stay in here with me? Please? I don't want to be alone." Mika pecked one eye opened, "are you sure you want me to stay?"

Ava nodded as she wiped a tear away from her cheek. "Please?" Mika sighed and nodded, "do you want something to cover yourself with or...?" he asked. Ava shook her head as she finished taking off her shirt.

She took off her pants as well but she left on her bra and underwear. "Oh... wow... ok then," Mika said as he covered his mouth with his hand in an awkward way. Ava slowly and carefully got off of the counter and she walked to the bath.

Ava sighed as her cold body hit the warm water and she sunk into the bath. "Ava, I'm going to go downstairs and get some hot chocolate for you ok? I'll be right back," Ava nodded slowly and Mika got up.

-Start #2-

He walked downstairs and as he walked past the couch in the living room he heard the ding of a phone. "Mine's upstairs," he whispered as he walked to Ava's backpack. He shook his head, "I really shouldn't, it's her personal stuff."

More dinging sounds went off and Mika's curiosity got the best of him. He pulled out her phone from the backpack and pressed the home button. He gasped at what he saw.

Dad: Come out come out wherever you are girl! You can't run or hide forever

Dad: When you get back here or when I find you you're going to be in so much trouble you hear me! You're worthless and wherever you're hiding, whoever you're hiding with. They don't want you! Just like your mother and I didn't!

Dad: No one will save you from me so you might as well give up now bitch!

Tears ran down Mika's face as he realized what was happening. Mika dropped the phone on the couch and he ran upstairs. He took a deep breath before walking back into the bathroom. When he did walk in, he saw Ava crying into her knees.

Mika looked her up and down and he just now noticed the huge knot on her head that was definitely swollen, he noticed the bruises on her stomach and the cut on her throat. He saw the cuts on her wrist too.

"Ava..." he said softly, he noticed how badly she jumped when he called her name. "Mika," Ava said as she gave him a weak smile. "Where did you get those bruises?" Mika asked slowly, he didn't want to pry and he didn't want to upset her but he had to know what had happened.

Ava furrowed her eyebrows and stayed silent. "Is, was someone hurting you?" Ava let out a sob and she bit her lip, Mika shook his head when Ava started crying harder. "No, please don't cry, you don't have to tell me now ok?" he said frantically as he rushed over to the bath and he wrapped his arms around her.

"It's alright, It's ok, I'm here. You're safe now," Mika said as he turned off the bathwater while keeping an arm around Ava. Mika lifted Ava out of the bath and set her on the edge of the bath. He then grabbed a towel and he wrapped it around her.

Mika lifted her up again and carried her to his room. He sat her down on one of his chairs and sighed as Ava sniffled. "I'm, I'm going to change your clothes for you... is that ok?" Ava nodded slowly and Mika took a deep breath.

"I promise I'm not going to look ok?" he said as he grabbed one of his over-sized hoodies from on top of his bed. Mika then unhooked Ava's bra and slipped the hoodie over her head. "Can, can you...?" Ava nodded as she stood up and slipped off her underwear.

Mika nodded as he lifted Ava up and started to carry her over to the side of the bed. Ava pointed to the floor, "I'll sleep there," she said tiredly. Another tear slipped down Mika's cheek, 'how bad was it that she would be fine with sleeping on the floor without anything else?' he thought.

"I can't let you sleep on the floor Ava," he said softly as he set Ava on the bed. He pulled the covers over her and made sure she was tucked in well. "Can I sleep next to you?" Mika asked, Ava nodded and Mika went to quickly change his clothes in the bathroom.

When he walked back in the bedroom, Ava was already asleep. 'She trusts me,' Mika thought as he got into the bed. Mika grabbed a blanket from the back of one of his chairs, he slept on top of the covers and under the blanket to give Ava privacy.

-Hello everyone! I honestly almost cried as I wrote this chapter lol. How was your day? I hope it was good! I love you all sooooo much! Have an amazing rest of your day/night!-