Breaking Dishes and Feeling Numb

-There is abuse in this chapter, if you don't like reading about abuse or blood then please do not read. Songs for this chapter, #1, ilomilo by Billie Eilish, #2 Play With Fire by Sam Tinnesz (Ft. Yacht Money.) Start #1 now-

Ava sniffled from the cold as she took her bags inside. "Do the dishes when you finish unpacking ok?" Ava's mom asked, "ok mom," Ava said as she walked upstairs. When she got to her room, she looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was ten already twelve-forty.

Ava and her mom had stopped by some places on their way home so it made sense that it was so late. Ava sighed and set her bag on her bed. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and smiled at what she saw.

-New text from Mika-

Mika: Hey, I know it's late but I just got home. I wanted to tell you to have sweet dreams and to get some sleep since you were tired earlier. Well, I'll talk to you tomorrow, goodnight!

Ava smiled and set her phone on the bed, she decided not to answer since he would know that she was still awake. Ava unpacked her bag quickly since most of the clothes in it were dirty. Ava then walked over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of oversized sweatpants, a sports bra, and a thin t-shirt.

"This is going to be so comfortable, fuck," she said to herself as she put on the clothes. She smiled and grabbed her phone and headphones before heading downstairs. While going down the stairs, she put in her headphones.

She walked to the kitchen and started unloading the dishes. Ava bounced around a bit to the song, that was a huge mistake. Ava's fingers slipped and the bowl she was holding dropped and broke on the floor. 'Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!' Ava thought to herself as she hurried to clean up the mess.

With the water still running, the music playing in her ears, and the sound of her own heart racing Ava could barely concentrate. "What was that?!" Ava hear her father yell from the living room. "You better have not broken another dish!" his yell was followed by the sound of his footsteps walking quickly toward the kitchen.

Ava was starting to tear up, she knew what was next. She shook her head, she knew she must stay strong and not show that she was scared. Ava left the bowl on the floor and she stood up. She also took out her headphones and set them and her phone on the counter.

Ava's father walked angrily into the kitchen and he glared at Ava. "What did you break this time bitch?" he asked. Ava took a deep breath before answering. "A bowl Sir, but I-" Ava's dad interrupted her by slapping her in the face. Ava winced but faced her father again, her dad smirked. "You think your so tough, well guess what bitch, you're not. You're clumsy, stupid, ugly, and fat. Finish the dishes, and don't break anymore!" he slapped her one last time before walking off. This time, Ava fell to the floor and onto the glass bowl.

She tried not to make a sound when her hand was cut on a piece of glass. She started to silently cry as she carefully stood up and fixed her now bleeding hand. Ava wrapped a cloth around her hand and prayed that it would stop bleeding soon. She turned back to the dishes and sighed.

"I need to finish these," She whispered to herself before walking to the sink and continuing washing the dishes. It was difficult with her hand in a cloth, but she did the best she could. At least she didn't break another dish, Ava didn't know what she would do if that happened again.

After the dishes were done, Ava grabbed a piece of leftover pizza and walked back upstairs. Ava sighed and laid on top of her bed, she didn't bother undoing the duvet. Ava laid there and cried as she slowly ate the pizza. It was weird going from feeling so many emotions, especially so many good ones, to feeling so sad, empty, alone, and stressed.

Ava let out a sob as she looked up at the ceiling and saw the little glow in the dark stars her dad and her had put up when she was little. Ava missed being little, she didn't have these problems, she didn't have any problems. Ava sighed and took the last bite of the crust of the pizza.

'I should try to sleep,' Ava thought as she took a sip from a bottle of water she had brought up earlier. 'I know I won't get to sleep though,' Ava never got to sleep on nights like this, it was so difficult to do anything let alone something that was hard already, like sleeping.

Ava pulled her phone out of her pocket and saw that Hanna had texted her. Ava chuckled and shook her head, of course Hanna was still awake. She was probably texted Grace or something, Ava smiled when thinking about them together. She chuckled and then looked at the text.

Hanna: hey boo! Look in the left pocket of your duffel bag, I may or may not have hidden a preset in there!

Ava smiled and rushed over to her duffle bag, she looked in the pocket and rolled her eyes when she saw a stufie in it. Ava pulled the stufie out, it was a blue dog and it was pretty big. Not huge but medium sized. Ava smiled and hugged it, this was defiantly going to make her feel better.

Ava walked back to her bed and laid down before picking up here phone. She opened the message app and texted Hanna back.

Ava: Thank you so much omg! Goodnight, have sweet dreams!

Ava smiled when she sent the text. 'It'll probably be a little bit before- oh,' Ava chuckled when she saw that Hanna had texted her back almost immediately.

Hanna: night bae, have sweet dreams!

Ava smiled and turned off her phone, it was time for bed. Well, maybe not. Ava grabbed her headphones from the bed and plugged them into the phone before putting them in her ear. She hit shuffle and smiled when Play With Fire came on. It always made her feel like a badass for some reason.

-Start #2-

Ava smiled and hugged the little stufie, "I'm gonna call you puppers," Ava said while smiling. Ava crawled over to the head of her bead and got under the covers. After laying there for a while, Ava suddenly started crying. She was used to crying randomly at this point, it was just how her body processed emotions.

Ava silently crying as she lip-synced to the song. 'It'll all get better eventually Ava, it's not bad enough yet for anything to be done about it. Something is going to happen and it'll all be better,' she reassured herself. But was it true? Was it ever going to get better?

-Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please tell me what you thought about it in the comments below! I love you all so much, have an amazing rest of your day/night!-