Back and Forth

-Songs for this chapter, #1, Got You On My Mind by NF, #2, Have It All by Jason Mraz-

Ava sighed as she stared out the window, she watched sadly as her mom drove off to go on a business trip. Ava knew she wasn't going on a business trip, or at least, that's not the only reason she was leaving.

Ava heard her father's footsteps coming up the stairs but she didn't bother looking in their way. Only when Ava's door opened did she turn her head away from the window. "Yes, Sir?" Ava asked as she looked at her father.

He gave her a tired look, "your mother isn't going to be back for a month and a half, she told me to tell you," Ava sighed and nodded. "Is she out cheating on you again," Ava's dad snarled at her, "watch it, kid, what she is doing is none of your business. I'm going out with Gareth, you better not go anywhere."

Ava nodded and her father turned around to leave her room. Anytime her dad was with his friend Gareth they either got drunk, high, or both. Ava shook her head since she knew he would be home late.

"Well, I should probably eat something," she whispered to herself as she walked downstairs. To no surprise, her dad was already gone. Ava sighed and started to make some macaroni. She also cut up some cucumbers and strawberries.

-I want that so bad right now lol... also start #1-

Ava sighed and took her plate of food up to her room. She sat on her bed and started eating, "Siri," Ava said sadly, "shuffle my music," "ok," Siri responded before playing some music. The phone made a "ping" noise and Ava smiled when she saw that Mika had texted her.

Mika: Hey! What are you up to? I know we saw each other yesterday... but I already miss you.

Ava smiled and reached for her phone. She took another bite of her food and decided what to text back. It wasn't like this was a big deal, why was she making such an effort in thinking about what to say? Ava shook her head and responded to his text.

Ava: Nothing much, just eating. I miss you too lol, what are you doing?

Mika: I'm getting ready to move out of my parents and into my own house, we already bought the house now I just need to move all of my stuff. It's a huge house, my parents bought it and they have a lot of money so they bought me a big house. I think I'm gonna get a dog so I'm not lonely.

Ava: Aww, name him or her Star.

Mika: Lol, why Star?

Ava: Because! I love the stars and I know you do too, it'll be perfect!

Mika: Ok, I'll name her Star, it's a pretty name anyway

Ava smiled, 'he likes my idea, he thinks it's pretty. Wait? Why does this mean so much to me, it's just a stupid name,' Ava thought as she took another bite of her food.

Mika: Why don't you send me a picture so I can remember what you look like?

Ava: Why? Don't you have a memory for that?

Mika: Yeah... but I want to see your pretty smile!

Ava: My smile... pretty? Yeah, sure. But, since you're being annoyingly persistent, here.

Ava then carefully picked a picture she decided she didn't look too bad and sent it to Mika.