A New Day

-WARNING! Mentions of abuse, blood, and other gruesome things. Songs for this chapter, #1, Another Empty Bottle by Katty McAllister, #2, Sad Song by We The Kings. Start #1 now-

Ava bolted upright and she looked around the room frantically. Ava took deep breaths as she started to cry, "Ava?" Mika asked as he sat up in the bed. Mika reached over and rested his hand on her shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Mika sat up in bed and Ava turned towards him. Ava quickly wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly. "Mika," she whispered, Mika smiled slightly and wrapped his arms around her.

"It's alright, I'm here," Ava broke the hug and smiled at Mika as she wiped the few tears from her cheeks. Mika frowned, "do you want to talk about it?" he asked softly, Ava sighed. "I was scared, that's all..."

"Ava, I know it might be hard but can you please tell me what's wrong? Can you please tell me what happened and why you came here?" Ava sighed and nodded, "I... It's..." Mika rested his hand on her shoulder. "Relax, take your time... it's alright," Ava gave him a weak smile.

"Ok, so I guess my father would be a good place to start. He um..." Ava took a long pause and a tear ran down her cheek, Mika knew this was going to be hard for her to talk about and he wanted to make sure that Ava felt comfortable while telling him.

"He... he abused me... I came here because a few nights ago it was really bad. You, you asked about the bruises... he threw me on the floor and kicked me multiple times." Ava took in a sharp breath as more tears streamed down her face.

"He's an alcoholic, he came home drunk a lot. This time... this time, I wish I could say that this is the worst I've seen him... but it wasn't." Mika wiped one of the tears off of Ava's cheeks and nodded encouragingly.

"He," Ava shuttered, "he took me downstairs and threw me against the wall... he h-hurt me badly. He threw me on the floor and I hurt my head on the tile... there was so much blood on the tile." Ava said as she shook her head.

Mika couldn't believe someone would to that to Ava, she didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve any of this. Ava just deserved to be loved and taken care of, Mika was so angry, so angry. "Ava I-I'm so sorry," Ava just nodded sadly.

"Ava-" "and, and I started cutting so that I could feel like I was in control of something, that I could control the pain. I'm sorry Mika, I'm so sorry, I know I shouldn't but-" Mika pulled Ava close to him as tears rolled down his cheeks, "Ava, I'm the one who's sorry... I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. I'll protect you from now on, I'll take care of you and make sure you never feel alone."

Ava let out a sob and she held Mika close to her. "You don't need to say any more Ava, it's ok... it's ok now. You're here with me, you'll be safe with me." Ava nodded as she cried into his shoulder, "your family sounds like shit," Mika whispered. "I wish you could get a new one," "I can't," Ava said bluntly.

Mika sighed, "yes you can, you can start one with me. Or, I mean..." Ava chuckled, "I understand what you mean Mika, thank you," Mika smiled and rocked Ava a little bit. "You're welcome Ava, you're so welcome."

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Ava broke the hug. "Thank you Mika, really. But, are you really ok with me staying here?" Mika smiled and nodded, "of course, why wouldn't I? You can sleep in a different room though... and we should get you some clothes... and you might wanna put on some underwear."

Ava chuckled and nodded, "yeah, probably, we can go shopping later?" Mika nodded, "of course, but... tell me if your father does or says anything ok? If he lays another fucking finger on you I'm gonna stick my foot up his ass."

Ava smiled, "you're silly, but I'll let you know," Mika nodded and gave Ava another hug. "We'll go shopping after I take a shower ok?" Mika asked after he broke the hug. Ava nodded, "ok," "oh! I should have told you this sooner! Grace and Hanna are coming over in a few days, that's ok right?"

Ava smiled, "of course it is! I can't wait to see them," Mika smiled as he walked into the bathroom. Ava looked around the room and smiled, she felt safe here... like everything was going to be ok.

After Mika got out of the shower and put on clothes he walked back out to his bedroom. He smiled as he saw Ava was standing at the door in the clothes she had come in. "You ready?" Mika asked.

Ava nodded and walked out of the room, Mika chuckled and followed her. They didn't say anything as they walked through the house and outside. There wasn't really much to say. As they were driving, Ava spoke up.

"I don't have a lot of mon-" "I'll pay for it all, my parents are rich and they have given me a lot of money. Plus, being a baker in a smaller town brings in a lot of money too," Ava smiled and looked out the window.

"Thank you again, Mika," "no problem," Mika responded as he smiled. Mika was glad he could help Ava, even if it was as little as buying her clothes or letting her live with him. 'As long as she's happy,' he thought as he looked over and saw Ava smiling at a dog.

"Oh, where's Star?" Ava asked, Mika smiled, "I put him in his crate so he wouldn't jump on you last night, he's in there again so he won't pee on the floor. I'll introduce you when we get back alright?"

Ava nodded and smiled, "can we listen to music?" Ava asked, Mika nodded his head towards the radio. "Whatever you want princess," Ava chuckled as she reached over and turned up the radio. "Oh! I love this song," Ava whispered as she nodded along to the song.

-Start #2-

Mika could tell Ava was being quieter than usual, but that was understandable and he wasn't going to bother her about it. After they parked and got out of the car, Ava looked around frantically. "What? Is something wrong?"

Ava frowned, "what if, what if he's here?" Ava asked softly, Mika snarled and took Ava's hand. "Then, he'll have to deal with me!" Ava smiled and tightened her hand around Mika's. Mika smiled at her as they walked into the store.

-Hello! What did you think of this chapter, I personally liked writing this one! I love you all so much, have an amazing rest of your day/night!-