A Sad Departure

-Songs for this chapter, #1, Listen Before I Go by Billie Eilish, #2, I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons-

"AVA!" Hanna yelled, Ava jumped at the sound of her name being yelled and she whimpered slightly. Usually, bad things happen when her name is yelled. "Y-yes?" Ava asked while leaning over the side of the bed.

Hanna was below her scrambling around and grabbing her stuff. "We need to go! Get up and take a shower, hurry!" Ava gasped and hurriedly got out of bed. She grabbed the clothes that were next to her bed and ran to the bathroom.

After a quick shower, Ava raced to put on her clothes. She looked in the mirror and sighed, "I look like a mess," she whispered to herself. "Ava! Come on!" Hanna called, Ava sighed again and opened the door.

Hanna stopped and looked at Ava, "hey... are you alright? You look really tired and sad," 'no, I really need a hug right now,' "yeah! I'm perfectly fine, I just didn't sleep well last night. I'll get a good nap when I get home."

Hanna nodded and smiled, "ok, come on and grab your stuff we really need to go." Ava nodded and yawned while slipping on her shoes and grabbing her bag. She stuffed her phone, headphones, toothbrush, and toothpaste in the bag before walking out the door with Hanna.

"Where are we going?" Ava asked, "to the main building, they're going to thank us for coming and then we wait for our parents." Ava nodded and stayed silent for the rest of the walk to the building.

She knew she was on the verge of crying, and she knew if she talking a lot it would just make the tears spill. Ava didn't want to think about leaving since she knew that Hanna and Mika would probably disappear from her life.

-Start #1-

Everyone always does, everybody always leaves her to struggle on her own. Ava's lip quivered as she thought about it, 'no, you can't cry now. Just wait until you get home, you can keep it together,' she thought to herself.

"Hanna!" Grace yelled, Ava looked up sadly as Grace crushed Hanna in a hug and kissed her cheek. 'If only it were me,' Ava thought. "Hey, Ava!" Ava turned her head to see Mika smiling at her.

He frowned when she turned to him. "Are you alright Ava? You look down," Ava put on a smiled and nodded while walking up to him. "I'm fine Mika, just tired and kinda sad that I'm leaving," Mika nodded and smiled again. "Yeah, that makes sense, I'm kinda sad too."

"Everyone!" Ava heard a woman call, she turned towards the voice and saw the woman from the first day she had arrived. "Oh look, it's Mrs. Shannon!" Mika exclaimed, Ava smiled and nodded. Mrs. Shannon looked very nice and sweet, unlike her mother. Maybe that's why Ava felt so safe here.

"Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful time, all of your parents will be here soon. Though, some will be here sooner than others so I suggest you say your goodbyes now. If you have any questions, please come see me at my desk. Other than that, I hope you have an amazing weekend and an amazing rest of your day! Goodbye campers!"

Ava turned to Mika, "It's Friday right?" Mika nodded, "yeah, I can't wait to get home and help my mom. She texted me yesterday and told me that she wanted help making a cake, so that will be fun."

Ava nodded, "yeah," Ava sighed as she remembered that she was going to be leaving this place, these people, and all of the fun she had behind. It was fun while it lasted, Ava knew she wouldn't ever experience something so fun for the rest of her life. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

"Oh, I actually think my mom is here already. I'm gonna go tell her that I'm gonna say goodbye and then get in the car, I'll be right back!" Mika then ran off in the direction of what Ava assumed was his mom's car.

Ava sighed and turned back to Grace and Hanna, she chuckled at what she saw. Grace had Hanna pinned against the building's wall and she was kissing Hanna softly. Ava smiled at how cute they were together, Ava then frowned when she saw her mom's car.

"Grace! Hanna! I need to go, come say goodbye!" Grace jumped away from Hanna which made all three of the girls laugh. Hanna and Grace walked over and frowned, "you need to go now?" Hanna asked sadly.

-Start #2-

Ava nodded as she tried not to cry again, "yeah, bye-bye Hanna, I'll text you later alright?" Ava said as she hugged Hanna. "Not if a text you first!" Ava and Hanna chuckled as they broke the hug. 

"Bye, Grace," Ava said as she hugged Grace, "bye, here let me give you my number." They broke the hug and Grace put her number in Ava's phone. "You can text me whenever you like!" Grace said, Ava smiled and nodded.

"Ok, bye girls!" "Bye!" Hanna and Grace said in unison. Ava walked towards Mika who was already walking to her. "You have to go huh?" Mika asked, Ava nodded. "Yeah, I do. Bye Mika, thanks for being such a great friend," Mika smiled.

"Thank you, you're one of the best friends I've ever had. Bye," Mika then hugged Ava which made them both smile. Ava broke the hug and smiled up at Mika, "I-" "AVA! Get your ass in the car right now!" Ava heard her mother yell.

Ava winced slightly and Mika looked at her with a confused and concerned look on his face. "Sorry, I need to go, bye Mika!" Ava then darted off to her car, Mika stood there and stared at her as she got in the car.

Mika waved solemnly as the car disappeared on the road ahead. "Bye, Grace! Bye Hanna! I'll text you both later!" Mika said as he waved, Grace and Hanna waved back and he got in his mom's car. "Did you have fun dear?" Mika's mom asked, "yeah, yeah I did," Mika said while thinking about Ava. 

"I promise, I'll call you all the time," Grace said while kissing Hanna's cheek. Hanna blushed and nodded. "Me too, I'll call you all the time too, bye-bye Grace!" Grace smiled, "goodbye, my love," Hanna smiled as Grace ran off to her father's car. 

Ava frowned as she looked out of the window from the backseat. "Did you have fun?" Ava's mom asked in an annoyed tone. Ava nodded, "Yes, mom, I did. Thank you so much for letting me go," Ava's mom nodded and stayed quiet the rest of the ride home. Ava sighed and stared out the window for the rest of the ride.

-Hello everyone! I'd like to know if there is anything you might want me to add to the story, I'll take any suggestions! Also, if any of you have some love songs, that you like or some that you might want me to incorporate into the story let me know! I love you all so much, have an amazing rest of your day/night!-