How do I deal with overprotective parents?

A:
Personally, one of the best ways I have found to deal well overprotective parents is to try and view a situation like they would. Oftentimes, things may seem incredibly unfair and you may think your parents are really overreacting, but odds are, they have their reasons. They may have seen the scenario turn out horribly and it has left a bad taste in their mouth, so to say. This could be from their personal experience or, they may have seen it in one of your siblings lives, if you have any. Either way, they don't want the same thing to happen to you. All in all, I have found that if I figure out why my parents are acting how they are, then I can talk to then about it and address their fears.

Even if you don't know why they are being so overprotective, it is a great idea to talk to them about how you feel about their actions. If you don't then they are probably going to keep doing it. And if you get upset about it, they might become more worried about the situation and become more overprotective.

To sum it up, you really just need to try and see it their way. This could give you a different view on what they are doing and it will give you a base to talk to them about it. If you cant do this then you still need to talk to them. Communication can solve many issues if it is used properly.
I hope this helps!

~SGC