HOW TO DEAL WITH PEER PRESSURE

Growing up comes with a lot of peer pressure and as girls we often want to fit in. That's the problem, the moment we try to be like our friends or classmates we are falling in the trap. Imagine if all of us acted the same. Stop trying to be the most popular girl in the school but just be the best version of you. Some of us fall into peer pressure without knowing it.

Some negative effects of peer pressure:

-You start to feel inadequate.
Trying to be like someone you are not makes you believe that your real self is not good enough. You feel like the best you could be is acting like the super rich, pretty girl with a body of a Victoria Secret model. You now want to lose weight, or gain weight so you could get attention just like the school popular girl.

-You try to impress
Once you are pressured by peers you will go out late at night, you may do their homework and even wear things you are not comfortable in just to impress. If your peer asks you to go to a late night party you will accept just so you don't look like the girl who can't sneak out of home, basically a nerd.

-You can't say no
Many drug addicts started by getting introduced to it by close friends, unfortunately they could not say no. Addiction is hard to get over, all of them.

-Porn and sex
Porn seems great to watch, especially when your friend shows it to you and you don't and won't chicken out. Well a damage porn has is after watching, you want to experiment which leads to STD's.  When you try to fight the addiction of porn the same friends who got you into it won't be there. Many girls today claim they have had sex and that it was a good experience, you want to fit in and be like them so you go to a club and try it, you get a Sexually Transmitted Disease or fall pregnant just for you to later find out that half of the people who said they had sex were lying and the other half are still healthy and not pregnant.

HOW TO DEAL WITH PEER PRESSURE:
-Love your self
I personally think this is the most important step. Once you love yourself you will not want to be like someone else. You won't want to change yourself to grab attention of a boy.

-Say NO
Don't be a yes man. Learn to say no.

-Talk to an adult you trust
Adults can share their experiences with you and tell you how they overcome peer pressure.

-Avoid friends and peers who make you feel like changing yourself

Don't change who you are to be who you aren't. There is someone out there who loves you for you, starting with us, the SGC❣️

If you need to talk you can pm us, we are here for you

😍 Modiri 💕