Tips to beating self-harm

There is a voice. A voice so precious and indefinite. We often find ourselves swirling into its hypnotizing penetration. These voices linger within our brain, emphasizing the concept: when no happiness, there is always evil and pain. The voices are incredibly manipulative. We urge immediate maladaptive coping, and you know how to achieve such. You only know one way. Such a cruel way, but the only way, right? The voice is continually invalidating negativity, masking the happiness and worth of an individual. The deficiency of the voices involuntarily possesses our soul, pulling the delicate strings of our heart. Left alone in the darkness, we are questioning the purpose of our life. Why am I alive? What is the purpose of my life? Why can't I seize my existence on God's green Earth? We want to know why, so the voices tell us.

The possessiveness of these voices overcome our brain, seeking fault.

We must always be at fault. We are purposeless anyway, right? What is the point? The reinforcement of these false accusations traps you in a cage of lies. Lies that are so bloodthirsty for the soul. They want to see you at fault. Such cruel thoughts make us seem at the bottom of the universe, holding the world at our shoulders. The pressure and weight make us vulnerable. You already knew the solution. There is only one redemption: self-harm. Self-harm suggests a variety of motives, triggers, and circumstances of those who deliberately crave injury. We want to release tension, frustration or to express anger. Substitute emotional pain for physical pain. Pain that ultimately seeps into the soul. You know you should stop, but you do not know-how. Preventing self-harm is difficult, but considering and acknowledging the results and consequences of your actions may benefit the cause. Although the voices of evil may linger, the concept of happiness and love may withdraw the urge to self-harm. Let me guide you out of the menacing spinning circle.

We can do this together.

There may not be an exact method in which one can disregard the crave of self-harm; however, there are three prominent techniques that individuals around the globe have implemented into their life to constructively improve their well-being:

Distract yourself during the time of day when self-harm is frequent. An effective method you can distract yourself is by accompanying one you often find yourself happy with. It is recommended that you are not alone during these times. You can call a friend to come over or gravitate yourself towards those you trust. However, as we are currently in a global pandemic where accessibility to immediate friends and family may be profound, scheduling a FaceTime call with the individual is highly recommended.

Avoid the area where you typically practice self-harm. By distancing yourself from the negativity of the area, you are able to grasp a better foundation of well-being that does not involve self-harm. Within the area you typically perform self-harm, the aura must be negative and cloudy, causing an immediate downward spiral of emotions that overcome your actions.

Remove any tools or items that are used to self-mutilate () However, if you can not throw the items away, make sure that they are not within immediate accessibility.

Remember, self-harm should never be the result of emotional pain. At times, life may be difficult; however, life has two sides to its existence: happiness and difficulty. Do not let the evil voice lingering in the back of your brain overcome and control yourself as a strong, beautiful, amazing individual. We are stronger together than the voice. Do not let it pull you down. I believe in you.

-inevitable_love