How do I get over a guy that doesn't like me back?

A:

We get it, trying to get over a crush is super hard! Don't stress it! We have a few tips to help you!

1. Distract yourself by doing things that you love doing! Enjoy singing? Turn on some karaoke and sing away! Love painting? Grab some paints and have fun! Now, you have something to do instead thinking about the guy.

2. Write down your feelings. Take some time to take a notebook and write how you feel about the situation, how you can improve it, and maybe a lesson you learned. If you try making a habit of this, you will become more mindful of your feelings, and you can deal with problems better!

3. Let time do its work.

As time passes, you will move on.

Feelings feel permanent while we're dealing with them, but with time we move on.

Right now, you probably say, "I'll never get over him!" but just look back at things in your life you never thought you'd get through.

You DID get through them, and you will get through this.

So, don't rush yourself. It's okay to cry, let everything out, and be honest with yourself.

You don't have to snap out of it and get over him just like that.

You'll have good days and bad days, but progress is progress.

4. Try to focus on who you are, what you want, and other things in your life

Instead of spending your time thinking about how much you wish you were with him, try to think about your dreams, goals, ambitions, and yourself.

Think about your friends and family.

And focus your time on that.

When you do think about him, that's fine; just try not to park there too long.

You can even make a list of things to focus on in your life instead of him.

5. Realize you are going to be okay.

It really sucks when someone doesn't like you back.

But just know, there are tons of awesome guys out there, you'll find the right one for you in time.

Try and use our tips on confidence in previous chapters of this book to reassure yourself of how amazing you are.

You deserve to build yourself up and know your worth, no matter what.

~SGC