What do you want from me?

Hi, beautiful people. No real excuses for my long absence so here is a chapter that will answer some questions some of you are asking themselves.

Warning: When life gives you lemons, made some sweet and tasty lemonade! I have to stop a couple of times because I was feeling like crying while writing (damn you very sad k-drama ost!!!!).

Song: After me by Dane Hildreth and Crazy for you by Hyorin.

Edit: A special thank at @sas75487 for proofreading!

Enjoy!

Tul's Pov.

"It is fun to go on dates. I never thought it was until today."

I only nod as I devour my burger. After skipping a few meals here and there, and the added stress of my current situation, I am not looking as athletic as usual.

I am famished and in a hurry to put the most food in my mouth...

...and I am also doing this in order to not babble something that will betray me in their eyes.

I'm still trying to understand whether or not someone is conspiring against me to give me such lousy luck.

"I told you to try from time to time, but you only want to fuck every living being on the planet." Kongpop chastises Max who was polishing off his second hamburger slider.

Max shrugs physically, not giving his best friend's words more thought.

I empty my drink, bottoms up, in order to distract myself from the dulled pain his words are provoking.

'Just use him for the university books and nothing else!' My mind keeps shouting at me.

"Are you fucking him or is he just a decoy to calm your father?" Kong asks, making me choke on the bitter liquid in my mouth.

As I cough noisily, Max glares at him and he firmly pats my back.

"I've already told you, it doesn't work like that Dumbass!" Max throws his lettuce at Kongpop's head.

The latter doesn't seem affected by the gesture. He only puts the lettuce leaf back on his best friend's plate as if nothing happened.

'Still the same as ever.' I couldn't help but smile when Max launches himself in some explanation of his engineering homework.

It reminds me that I am supposed to keep a low profile, I glance up at Kongpop, but the latter giggles at a joke Max just told him.

'Yeah...Nothing has changed.' I note with some nostalgia. 'I've missed those days...'

A few years ago.

It was a basketball, which bumped none to gently against my bag, that made me raise my head from my book. The bitter tang of annoyance was already on the tip of my tongue, and I had to bite it so I wouldn't lash out at the disturber.

"Sorry, my idiot of a best friend threw it a bit too hard...are you okay?"

Even if I squinted my eyes, I couldn't see the boy's face because of the sun shining right behind him.

"...I am not hurt."

"Great..."The boy was hesitant, but his name was being called from the basketball pitch. "See you around."

"Max! Stop flirting and bring the damn ball!" A shirtless boy yelled.

"Shut your trap Kong, or I will wipe the floor with what's left of your dignity!" Max threatened playfully, already jogging in direction of his friend.