Fighting at the Gas Station

7/3/19

It was a fairly smooth ride sitting on the rear bumper of the van. You expected more bumps and dips, but everything was just fine. And just in case a huge bump came about unexpectedly, Buzz had a firm grip on your arm just in case as he tightly gripped the handle of the trunk at the same time.

Andy's mom eventually pulled the van up to a Dinoco gas station, where she and Andy got out to pump the gas. "Come on." Buzz told you as he helped you climb up the back of the van. Pulling yourselves quietly across the hood, you and Buzz poked your heads into the car through the sunroof.

You saw Woody laying on the seat looking up. "Buzz! (Y/N)!" He perked up when he saw you two. Buzz effortlessly dropped down onto the springy cushion of the backseat while you tried to be more careful about it. You were just thankful the seats were soft and cushiony at all.

"Guys! You're alive!" Woody cheered as he leaped to his feet. "This is great! Oh, I'm saved! I'm saved! Andy will find you both here. He'll take us back to the room, and then you guys can tell everyone that this was all just a big mistake!"

You and Buzz didn't say anything. The Space Ranger held a firm glare of disgust as you just stood there sadly. You still felt guilty about how Woody thought of you when you tried to talk to him last night, and you still couldn't believe he let you fall. There was just nothing to say.

"Right? Buddies?" Woody pleaded, trying to be hopeful.

"I just want you to know that even though you tried to terminate me, revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet." Buzz spoke up in a calm manner.

You arched a brow when he said this. He still seemed pretty heated honestly. "Seriously?" You asked nervously.

"Oh. Oh, that's good." Woody said slowly with relief.

"But we're not on my planet." Buzz growled as he grabbed the cowboy's clothes and placed his helmet against Woody's forehead, getting intimidatingly close as he glared into Woody's eyes. "Are we?"

"No." Woody's voice slightly quivered. And with that, Buzz lunged for Woody and the two fell out of the van and onto the pavement below since Andy had left his door open. Yup, Buzz was still plenty heated.

You carefully climbed down to the ground, seeing the two boys absolutely going at each other's throats without holding back in the slightest. "Knock it off, guys!" You whispered as you walked over to them. They didn't hear you.

They only stopped when they heard Andy exclaim, "Pizza Planet! Yeah!" He jumped back into the van and closed the door as the van pulled out of the gas station and back onto the main road.

"Andy!" Woody quietly called as he watched the van disappear from sight. "Wh.... Doesn't he realize I'm not there?" He thought for a second before gasping and crumbling to his knees as he sobbed, "I'm lost! Oh, I'm a lost toy!"

As Woody had a meltdown, Buzz calmly pulled up his arm and flipped open the cover on his forearm, revealing a sticker that resembled a small, strange radio. "Buzz Lightyear mission log. The local sheriff, (Y/N), and I seem to be at a huge refueling station of some sort."

All of a sudden, you heard a loud horn as you turned to see a gigantic truck coming towards you. It passed right over the two of you with ease, not even close to hitting your heads as you stood beneath it. Once it came to a stop and stopped making so much noise, Buzz looked at you as he continued to speak to his mission log. "According to my navi-computer, the-"

"Shut up!" Woody snapped as he stomped over to Buzz, slightly pushing you out of the way as he did so. "Just shut up, you idiot!"

"Sheriff, this is no time to panic." Buzz responded calmly.