Departure

10/14/19
(A/N: Sorry for the long wait 😅)

You restlessly paced along the desk, your thumb gently pressed between your teeth as you kept a fixed stare on your feet. The gang had left many hours ago, into the sunset. It was now late into the nighttime, probably getting close to sunrise. The moon was near the horizon, the stars were growing fainter as they began to blend in with the slowly lightening sky.

Incredible worry and panic had been coursing through you ever since Woody was stolen the previous morning, your heightened emotional states worsening after your friends had left in search of the cowboy. You had so many of your friends to be worrying about all at once; you hadn't been able to think straight since early yesterday.

"(Y/N), honey." Bo called softly as she quietly opened Andy's door, her sheep silently trotting behind her. A sigh escaped her lips that curved down into a concerned frown as your frantic, pacing form. "You're going to wear out the poor desk by pacing like that."

"I just can't help it." You removed your thumb from between your sets of teeth and clenched your fists. "I feel like I bring trouble everywhere I go. I'm like a bad omen."

"What makes you say that?" She asked, joining you atop the desk.

"Within the first few months of me being here, the whole fiasco between Woody and Buzz happened and I was there for all of it." You began, recounting everything that had happened before the move in your head. "And now, Woody's been stolen and almost all of our friends went out into that dangerous world to find him. Don't you think this all seems too coincidental?

Bo placed her delicate hand onto your shoulder gently. "Oh, honey. None of this is your fault. Not then, not now. Everything happens for a reason, but you are not that reason." A small smile started to grace her rosy lips as she joked, "After all, Woody has always been one to get himself into trouble."

The tiniest of smiles came to your lips as you sighed in frustration. "Yeah, I can see that." You replied.

"You just need to keep your chin up." Bo told you in the sweetest manner possible, her hand gingerly grazing the bottom of your chin as she lifted your head up to look at her. "Those boys have always been quite the handful, but they know what they're doing. They all care for each other, like the family we know we are. And as long as they keep that in mind, they are able to do anything they put their minds to."

"It's not that I don't believe in them, because I do. It's just...." You sighed. "I just can't help but think of the worst case scenario. I don't mean to, but with all I've been through-"

"It became what you're used to." Bo smiled sadly, perfectly finishing your thought for you. Your face couldn't help but turn into one of sadness and anguish at her pained, sympathetic gaze. Even though toys don't have tears doesn't mean they don't have their own ways of crying. And right now, you felt like breaking down completely.

"Sweetie, don't cry." Your friend consoled you quietly before you could lose it. "Everything will be okay, I promise. Buzz and the others will be fine! They'll find Woody, and they'll all come back home to us in one piece."

"I feel so guilty, Bo." You looked out the window, sadly looking towards the millions of faint, glistening stars. "You've all done so much for me, especially Woody and Buzz, and I'm just sitting here. I should've taken Buzz up on his offer. I should've went with them to rescue Woody."

"Honey, they aren't upset with that! You also need to keep yourself safe, they know that. A shattered doll can't help her friends, rather she might instead hurt them more. Your choice was a perfectly reasonable one." She smiled at you, rubbing your shoulder.