Goodbye, Andy

11/5/19

When the garbage truck made its stop at Andy's house, everyone made a beeline across the street. A pit stop was made at the garden hose, completely ridding the toys of all of their paint, muck, and grime. All evidence of ever really leaving the house was erased completely by the freezing water. From there, Slinky helped everyone get onto the roof that led straight to the window of Andy's bedroom.

You and the others quickly made your way to the last open box, which sat right in the middle of the floor. Buzz helped you as you helped everyone climb in before you. He then helped you climb into the box at the very end of the line before positioning himself beside you as Woody began to saw his farewells.

"Hey, Woody. Have fun at college." Slinky smiled from inside the box.

"Yeah, but not too much fun." Hamm winked, causing the cowboy to chuckle.

Rex frowned. "Woody, take care care of Andy."

The Potato Heads agreed. "He's a good kid. Tell him to get a haircut." Mr. Potato Head muttered the last part.

"Sure thing." Woody responded, coming to a stop in front of Jessie. "Jessie, you'll be okay in the attic?"

"'Course I will. Besides, I know about Buzz's Spanish mode." Her eager enthusiasm made you giggle.

"My what?" Buzz asked, but nobody dared to clarify. It was everyone's little secret.

Woody smiled fondly at the Space Ranger. "Buzz, this isn't goodbye." He tilted his hat to his best friend.

"You know where to find us, cowboy."

When Buzz finished speaking, Woody then turned to you. You had a bittersweet smile on your face, trying to appear happy while covering up the true pain that resided within. Of course you knew that you would see Woody again, but after being by his side all this time after all these years, it was going to be very strange to not have him there for once. It hurt to think about.

"(Y/N)...." He began with a small frown. "I.... I...."

You shushed him gently, trying to prevent him from speaking for you knew that whatever he was about to say would make the situation much harder for you than it already was. "It's alright, Woody. I'll see you soon, alright? I'm right here, just as I'll always be."

"But.... Are you sure you'll be okay?" He asked you worriedly. "What if you have a panic attack? Or a nightmare? Nobody understands as much as I do."

A small giggle escaped your lips as he began to ramble nervously, obviously very concerned for you. However, the giggle was a slightly disheartened one. "Woody, I promise I'll be fine. I'm not going to be strapped to a rocket." Woody gave you a playful smirk as he rolled his eyes. "And I'm not going to be shipped to Japan. I won't be attacked by evil toys, and I won't end up back in the garbage." You reached your arm out towards him, gingerly stroking his cheek with the back of your hand. "I'll be perfectly safe here in Andy's house like always."

He frowned, letting out a saddened sigh as he placed his hand over yours, pressing your porcelain hand closer against his cheek. "I'm really going to miss you, partner." And, as he slowly looked into your eyes to meet your gaze, you felt your heart jump again. It really was the right time....

"Woody, I...." You began. "I need to tell you something." He gave you an urgent look of expectancy, one that showed how eagerly he awaited what you were about to say. "Woody.... I-"

"Honey, you want some food for the road?" The voice of Andy's mom was heard coming up the stairs.

"I'll get something on the way." Andy replied.

✔️Broken Glass : Woody x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara