(Y/N)'s Definition

11/12/19

Life just wasn't the same anymore. In all honesty, it simply couldn't be. The one thing that was truly impossible. The days were bland, the world held no color, and there wasn't any light in sight. Not even a single ray of hope could be found. There was nothing left, nothing. It was as if everything that once was had been sucked into a black hole, leaving behind nothing more than a void. The epitome of emptiness.

The rest of the road trip had been painstakingly terrible. You simply couldn't function. It didn't matter where Bonnie was, whether she and her family were in sight or not. You never allowed yourself to unfreeze. All you could do was sit there, completely lifeless with a forced smile on your broken face. You never once said a word.

And the playtimes following? They were dreadful. It felt like you were constantly being thrown into a swing of repetitive motions, repetitive cycles. Each day felt exactly the same, just as static as all the rest. There was no life to the playtimes, no incentive to really get into them anymore. Regardless of whether he had actually even been involved those past months, it was the fact that he was no longer there at all. No meaning, no purpose, no reasons left.

Yet there you stayed. Your brain no longer functioned properly and your heart was long dead, so you really didn't have a choice. You couldn't make a choice at all. What difference would it make, whether you were with Bonnie or out in the world? The colorless void carpeted the entire world like a suffocating blanket. It's not like leaving would magically cast a ray of light or a glimmer of hope. It would all be just the same.

Your friends continued to try and cheer you up, day after day. Determined and relentless as they were, though, they had long accepted the fact that there was nothing they could do. Either you would come to your senses or you wouldn't. All that mattered to them was, if by chance you did come back to life, you would know that they were there for you and had been there for you, just as they always would be. So until then, they would simply sit right by your side as you remained in toy mode, quietly speaking to you. They firmly believed you were hearing their words, but you knew your brain at least wasn't processing them. All you wanted to do was stay frozen, eyes locked and smile forced.

They did this everyday, each toy taking their own time with you as it became a mandatory tradition. Not mandatory by the authority of a single individual, but by the song of their heart and call of their minds. However, as the years slowly dragged on, Bonnie began to change. And her change affected everyone, both you and all of your friends.

Years after the events of the road trip, roughly two years to be exact, Bonnie was starting to grow up. Realistically unlike Andy by all means, she was quickly growing out of her toys, and the girl was only about seven years old. She played less often, though still made very frequent attempts, but they weren't as pure nor as full of imagination. Of course, just as all else with your bad luck, nobody realized just how fast she was changing until she made a particular decision about you. A decision you saw coming, kept in the very back of your mind.

Three yard sales. Three. You had to endure all of these from start to finish, and your brain began to close up faster as you realized just how far in the past you had been kicked. Box after box, face after face, never wanted or desired. You watched as almost every item went to someone else. Every single toy was placed in the hand of a child, all except for you. And this time, there was no "Andy" to save you, no "Andy" to give you a chance. Fully trapped once more in a maze of madness and a spiral of depression, and no matter where you went, you were only faced with darkness.

And so, your mind foggy and completely unsure of what it was doing, you decided to leave. Headed where? Who knows. To do what? Nothing, really. Not a point to the decision, it was just a way of escaping the inevitable. You no longer wished to have a kid, and you were no longer willing to wait for some random moment of safety and warmth. Andy had given you a chance, and Bonnie had given you a chance. You had grown tired of the cycle, and you knew that there were simply no more chances left to give, no more for the taking.