A Blazing Demise

11/4/19

"Hold on, we're going in!" Woody cried out frantically as the garbage truck began to empty out all of its contents at the landfill. The cowboy pulled you into his arms, shielding you from any rough falls. Luckily, however, everyone slid out rather easily atop the many garbage bags.

When the trash finally settled, everyone looked around at the depressing, devastating view at hand. So murky and musky, you could see the filth in the air. Garbage for miles in the dead void of trash. You hated the darkness and being in boxes, but the sight of the landfill was much more troubling.

"You got all your pieces?" Potato Head asked everyone.

His aliens ignored him as they began to run off. "The claw!" They chorused, running for a crane in the distance.

"MY BABIES!" Mrs. Potato Head wailed.

As the aliens were running, they crossed paths with a special bulldozer for landfill garbage. It forced them into a bunch in its huge pile, pushing the aliens out of sight. "Hey, guys! No! No! No!" Woody begged in alarm, but it was too late.

"Woody!" You screeched, seeing a similar bulldozer coming right up behind you and your friends. It rounded you all up, pushing you towards a cliff. It roughly forced you all over the edge, sending the toys plummeting down onto a conveyor belt absolutely filled with trash. Thankfully, you had popped your parasol open just in time so you were able to gently float down. "Woody! What do we do?"

"We'll be okay if we stay togeth-"

"Woody!" Slinky yelled as he went flying to the ceiling.

A wide variety of other metal objects began to fly upwards as well, many of them sharp and dangerous as they were rapidly ripped free from the garbage. "It's a magnet! Watch out!" Jessie cried out.

"Don't worry, Slink, we'll get you down." Woody called to the dog.

"You might wanna take a look at this." Slinky replied back with worry. As the toys began climbing towards the top of the trash pile, they saw the set of cone blades at the far end of the conveyor belt. Any standard trash that wasn't picked up by the magnet would be ripped to utter shreds.

"Quick! Grab something metal!" Buzz demanded, grabbing a metal lunch box just before it was sent flying up to the magnet. Andy's toys scattered, all managing to grab a hold of metal objects in time. You ended up grabbing a metal coat hanger.

"Help! Help me!" You heard a toy yell, which was strange because all of your friends were riding the magnet. Looking down, you saw Lotso stuck underneath a golf bag. "I'm stuck! Help, please! Help!"

You looked over to Woody, who was staring at the evil bear in deep contemplation. You gasped in disbelief as the cowboy decided to drop down to hell him out. Buzz joined him, and they forced the heavy bag up with a long rod. They managed to free the bear just in time, the three of them flying up to the magnet together just before the spikes could graze Lotso's fur.

"Guys?" Woody called as they passed over the spikes, seeing that the metal items remained, but none of their friends were in sight.

"Woody! Down here!" You called. He gave you a nod, releasing the rod as he and Buzz fell back onto the conveyor belt with Lotso at their side. You quickly gave the cowboy a tight hug, which he returned for a brief moment.

"Woody, look." Rex cheered. "I can see daylight. We're gonna be okay!"

Everyone began to cheer, but the hope quickly subsided as the light started to become more of a vibrant, unrealistic red color. "I don't think that's daylight." Woody mumbled in fear. Suddenly, the area began to grow hotter and sparks of fire started to come into view. "Run!"