Secret Confessions

10/21/19
(A/N: Fluff 😉)

As the group ascended the giant gumball machine, you were the last one to slide your way onto one of the colored rails. As you neared the top, you stumbled a little and almost fell face first on the the ground at the next floor level. The impact never came, however. You opened your eyes and looked up, meeting Woody's gaze as he held you bridal style.

A cute, curious look made its way onto your face. A very small smile was starting to tug at your lips as the cowboy looked down at you. He had a warm smile of his own as he kept his eyes locked with yours, never averting his gaze.

Upon hearing a faint chuckle, you and Woody turned to see Sora looking in your general direction. His hands folded behind his head in a relaxed position, his face bore a peaceful expression of content and adoration. You smiled in return, thinking he was just happy to see how close you and Woody were.

Woody, on the other hand, started to take on a subtle glare, thinking Sora was looking directly at you, that love struck smile meant for you alone. You felt Woody's arms tighten around you slightly, but you didn't pay much attention to it.

Instead, you were focused on the dinosaur toy store nearby. You saw movement, and you were trying to see what it was. When you thought you caught a glimpse of Rex's tail, you called out, "Rex!" Squirming out of Woody's arms, you ran towards the store with your friends following behind in concern.

You entered and turned the corner near the center table, but Rex wasn't in sight. "Where'd he go?"

"You sure you saw him?" Buzz asked you.

"Yes, he just-"

"Shh." Sora said to everyone. "Do you guys hear something?" You all listened intently, hearing quiet whirring sounds and the faint stomping of large footsteps.

"Hmm... What's that?" Goofy asked, pointing to a figure that was just barely peeking over a display of some of the dinosaur mech toys.

"Something feels wrong." Buzz said, eyeing the toy suspiciously as his fingers subconsciously crept towards his laser as a precaution. The figure then charged through the display, revealing itself to be a large dinosaur mech toy.

"Another toy's being controlled!" Sora declared.

Buzz hesitated, but aimed his laser at the toy nonetheless.

"Buzz, you sure?" Sora asked him.

"If it wanted to play nice, then it should've stayed away from my friends." The Space Ranger growled. And just like that, another long battle ensued.

~~~~~~~~

Rex ended up being there after all, completely unharmed. However, he had no clue where Hamm and the aliens had disappeared too, so you were all back at square one. Sarge then told you all that one of his men had spotted Hamm near Babies and Toddlers, but the connection cut out just before the sergeant heard some music with intense sonic interference.

So, while Rex went back to the entrance to stay safe since he couldn't fit through the vents that served as the only current entrance to Babies and Toddlers, you and the gang marched on through the long vent system. There were a few minor Heartless encounters along the way, but none as bad or intense as any of the battles before it. The trip was a breeze, no pun intended as you and your friends had to pass through many passageways around blowing fans.

"This is Babies and Toddlers." Woody announced once all of you finally made it out at the other end of the vent system. "Where do you guys think we should start?"

"Sarge, didn't you mention music?" Goofy asked, turning to the small green solider near his feet,

"Affirmative, Goofy!" He saluted.