To the Rescue

10/20/19

Woody's expression tightened as he watched the man head over to the vehicle at the front of the line of cargo crates. His fists clenched slightly and his eyes narrowed. "I'm not letting this happen." He growled to himself with determination, firmly adjusting his hat. "Not to her."

He gave a sharp whistle with his fingers and Bullseye came galloping over. The cowboy immediately leaped onto the saddle. "Come on, Buzz." He called. Once the Space Ranger was secure, Woody let out a firm, "Hyah!" and Bullseye went sliding down the ramp.

"Ride like the wind, Bullseye!" He declared as the toy horse dashed with all of his might, desperately trying to match the speed of the vehicle. "Hey howdy hey! Giddy-up!" Woody could feel his immense determination filling his entire body, his thoughts on nothing other than saving his dearest friend.

"Come on, Bullseye! Hyah!" The cowboy tried to encourage the little horse, seeing as how they were starting to get very close to a point where Woody would be able to grab on. His fingers tightly gripped the saddle, his anxiousness and hidden doubts starting to take their toll.

Bullseye eventually got close enough to the line of cargo wagons. "Buzz, give me a boost!" Woody demanded shortly. The Space Ranger juggled with keeping himself on Bullseye while also helping the cowboy lift off the saddle. Once Woody had a firm hold, the horse began to lose his pace and Woody was left all alone, barely holding on.

"Woody!" Buzz called out.

The cowboy felt his fingers slipping, but as thoughts of you entered his mind once more, he quickly rose up to the challenge. He climbed to the top of the cargo bins, looking ahead to see the green suitcase sitting at the top of a pile at the very front bin.

Taking a deep breath, Woody began to run across the tops of the crates, the large gaps between each one not discouraging him in the slightest. He wasn't going to be bested by fairly large gaps. When it came to you, he refused to stop at any cost. There was no quitting if you were in the picture.

Woody powered through and made his way to the very front. He leaped into the bin and climbed to the top towards the green suitcase. He went to unlatch it, but the driver slowly pulled to a stop by a plane where workers were looking on. With a frustrated grunt, Woody kept hidden but waited to see what they were doing.

As the driver began to unload the bags and cases to send them up into the plane, Woody watched as he soon took the green suitcase and sent it up the ramp. The cowboy looked through the bin he was in, searching for a case that one, he could open freely without a code or lock, and two, he would be able to fit in. And soon enough, he found the one.

The man continued to send the baggage up the ramp, including the peculiar golf case that Woody had chosen to hide in. Once it was so carelessly tossed way off to the side, the cowboy unzipped the zipper of the bag and scrambled out. He desperately looked around, soon laying his sights on the green suitcase that was resting at the very top of the pile at the far end of the plane.

He felt his heart race as he neared the case; he couldn't explain why his heart had just fluttered the way it did. Was it the fact that he was about to see your face once more? Or could it be the fact that he would never be so relieved to have you in his arms again than he did now after being so close to losing you forever?

Woody quickly undid the latches and lifted up the top to the green suitcase. "Excuse me, ma'am, but I believe you're on the wrong flight." He smiled, but it nearly faded when he saw how panicked and terrified you were. Your eyes wide as you cradled yourself, laying on your side. How history retreats itself is astounding; you were in the exact same position as when the cowboy first laid eyes in you. The only difference was your expression, which now held much more liveliness and emotion although filled with utter fear.