Possessed Marionette

10/22/19

"Wow! This is so cool!" You stayed in awe at the large setup in front of you. There were a ton of tiny frog figures, each of them having an instrument of some kind. At the front was a cute frog who served as the band's conductor. "We have to make them play! I need to hear this!"

Woody chuckled at your childish enthusiasm. "Alright, alright. We gotta figure out how they work, first!"

"Hm, what about this?" Sora asked as he climbed onto an old record player. As he began to walk along the vinyl record, it began to turn beneath his feet. Barely any noise came out of the musical frogs from how slow the boy was walking.

"Come on, Sora." Woody laughed. "You've never used a record player?" The cowboy climbed on the player too, joining Sora on the vinyl record. "Like this!" The two began to run in sync on the record, and the musical frogs burst to life as they played a lovely fanfare.

"It's workin'!" Goofy smiled.

"They sound so nice!" You beamed. However, as the song continued, you began to notice a very off note, one that was both very deep and impossible to ignore. You cringed, crinkling your nose in disgust. "Not so nice."

"Wait, did that sound off to you, too?" Buzz asked.

"It did." Donald agreed.

"Sora! There's some kinda strange noise comin' from the orchestra!" Goofy called.

"Got it!" The boy nodded. "Woody, you keep the record going." Before Woody could respond, the energetic toy jumped off of the record, sending the poor cowboy stumbling for a few seconds. Nonetheless, he kept on running.

"Where's it coming from?" You asked aloud.

"Somethin' seems to be stuck in this tuba." Goody answered, having already been looking around the frogs. And indeed, the poor frog was jittering and sputtering some pretty ugly notes.

Sora came over and looked inside the toy's tuba. "I'll get it out." He reached his arm into the instrument, trying to fish out the object. "Almost got it.... There!" You gasped when Sora pulled one of Sarge's men out of the tuba. The musical frogs continued to play, now sounding perfect since the tuba was fixed.

"Corporal! You alright, son?" Sarge called as he hopped over to his disoriented man.

"Yes, sir." The army man groaned.

"That's the soldier Sarge lost contact with." Buzz pointed out, sounding troubled.

"So, you found Hamm?" Sora asked the weakened army man.

"Yes. But...." He let out a small cough. "While I was radioing in, a giant hand grabbed me, and it stuffed me in there. They must have taken Hamm to another location. We have to hurry!" The man slowly rose to his feet, taking a few steps before ultimately crumbling back to his knees.

"Wait, Corporal. You're not fit for action." Sarge aid.

"But, Sarge...." The trooper frowned.

"Your tour is over, son. And it's all right. Our trusted allies will take over." Sarge said, gesturing to you and your friends. He turned to you guys, declaring, "I will move the corporal to a safer location. Good luck, gentlemen." He saluted to you guys, and you all saluted back.

"Huh?" You heard Woody struggle to get his words out. "Hey, hey. Hey! What is....going on?!" He wheezed.

"Oh, right!" Sora gasped. A small giggle escaped your lips.

"Woody! Mission complete!" Buzz called, hopping off the counter where the musical frogs were still playing.

Woody sighed heavily with relief as he jumped off the record player, the frogs' music ceasing completely. He crumbled to his knees, very much out of breath. "Why didn't....you tell me....a little sooner?"