Woody's Gone

7/14/19

"Yard sale!" Woody's shrill voice pierced through the air, causing you to jolt awake from your slumber. "Guys, wake up, wake up! There's a yard sale outside!"

"Yard sale?" Buzz asked, making sure he heard properly.

"Sarge! Emergency roll call!" Woody barked orders hastily.

"Sir, yes, sir! Red alert! All civilians fall in position now!" Sarge demanded. "Single file! Let's move, move, move!" You rushed off your platform on the desk and got into the line of toys on the ground

Buzz began to read through the list of toys, going from Hamm and the Potato Heads down the line.

"I hate yard sales." You heard Rex mutter before you heard footsteps outside the door.

"Someone's coming!" You shouted as the toys furiously raced back to their spots.

Andy's mom came into the room, just as you had heard. "Okay, let's see what's up here." She said to herself, ground around Andy's room to find stuff to put in her box. All of the toys panicked as she came close to them but kept their posture. When she got close to you, she actually locked eyes with you for a second before moving on.

A few minutes later and she finally left, having not taken any of your friends from what you could see. But when you heard Woody whistle from up on the shelf, you grew worried. Buster burst into the room as the cowboy called down to him, "Hey, here, boy! Here, Buster! Up here!"

Woody tried to climb down the shelves but lost his grip, luckily falling onto Buster's back who had moved accordingly ahead of time. "Okay, boy, to the yard sale! Hyah!" The puppy scurried out of the room with Woody on his back.

"What's goin' on?" A toy asked with worry.

"Woody!" Buzz called.

"He's nuts!" Potato Head said. "His arm ain't that bad."

"Don't do it, Woody! We love you!" Rex sobbed.

"Quick, to the window!" You declared. You scrambled onto the desk before any other toys, rushing to spot either Woody or Buster.

"Is he out there?" Bo asked as Buzz came beside you, lifting up Lenny so that you and he could see the scene better.

"There he is." Buzz announced as the toy of you saw Buster sneaking up to a specific table. Woody jumped off and climbed onto the table before rushing into a box marked for twenty-five cents. "Oh! He's getting in the box!"

"He's sellin' himself for twenty-five cents!" Hamm exclaimed in disbelief.

"Oh, Woody, you're worth more than that." Slinky stayed.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on. He's got something." You announced. Waiting to see what Woody actually did end up pulling out, you soon gasped, "It's Wheezy!"

"Hey! It's not suicide! It's a rescue!" Rex cried happily.

Once Woody got Wheezy back on Buster with him and secured the squeaker toy, Buster began to head back towards the door. "Way to go, cowboy." Buzz smiled.

"Oh, Woody. Always putting others first." You smiled, but that smile fell when Buster leaped over a toy, causing Woody to fall off. Before he had time to run though, a girl came over and picked him up with excitement.

"Hey, that's not her toy!" Buzz growled. "No, no, no, no, no!"

"What's that little gal think she's doin'?" Slinky spat, adding a growl of his own.

You watched as the mister said something to her daughter before carelessly tossing Woody onto a table near a man. He turned around and began to inspect Woody excitedly, a glimmer in his eyes. The man went ballistic when he saw Woody's hat on the table as well.