A Stalking Creature

11/5/19

"Is everyone okay?" Buzz asked, his glow in-the-dark feature activated in the darkness. This easily eased your nerves a little bit as the area wasn't as scarily dark as it would've been otherwise.

Suddenly, you heard Trixie's scream echo through the vent system.

"That way!" Woody pointed.

"All right, everybody, stay close." Buzz ordered, receiving a nod from everyone.

As you all began to walk along the path, Rex asked, "So, what happens now?"

"Well," Pricklepants began, "this would be the part where the characters get separated and then picked off one by one...."

"Then what happens next? Ah!"

You turned when you heard Rex gasp loudly. Jessie asked, "Uh, where's Pricklepants?"

"Well, he was standing right here just a moment ago." The dinosaur claimed. "What are we gonna do now? He was the only one who knew what the heck was going on-" Suddenly, something large ran right across the path, effortlessly taking Rex with it, out of sight.

The remaining four of you slowly turned to look at each other with mortified expressions, freezing for a second before bolting down the vent system, screaming as you all did so. Eventually, you all nearly ran into a wall as it slowly faded in from the darkness. "Wait, wait, listen! I think we lost it." Buzz whispered.

"It's over there!" Jessie pointed, hearing a noise off to the side. She grabbed Buzz's arm and pointed us laser into the shadows.

"Over here!" Woody then said as a shadow quickly zoomed by on the other side. He grabbed Buzz's arm from her, pointing the laser over to his side.

"I think I can see it. It's staring right at us." You muttered in fright. Buzz pointed his laser at it to reveal Potato Head's arm slowly crawling towards you.

"It's Potato Head's arm!" Woody exclaimed in relief.

"Wait a minute. It looks like it's trying to tell us something." The Space Ranger said, noticing the arm lifting up one finger. "I think he's using some kind of hand signals.

"It's the number one!" The cowboy said.

Buzz corrected, "No, no. One letter!"

"Uh, one syllable? Uh, once upon a time!"

"Uh, one plus one is one!"

"Guys." You rolled your eyes with a facepalm.

Jessie pointed up, explaining for you, "I think maybe it's pointing up."

"Up. Of course." Woody tried to play off what had just happened with an embarrassed smile, but of course you quickly took time to pick on him for it. He didn't respond, but he did ruffle your hair.

You followed Potato Head's hand, soon ending up in the bathroom of a random motel room below. "What now?" Jessie asked as you all carefully landed on the floor.

"Out the door and to the right." Buzz determined, using Potato Head's hand as a honing scanner.

"What? Are you sure?" Woody asked as he and Jessie followed. "The hand looks like it's pointing left to me."

"Psst!" You heard someone call. "Over here."

You looked around curiously. "What?"

"Look over here."

"Hey guys, Wait up!" You called to your friends who were still arguing just outside the door. But when you turned, a large shadow quickly zipped by, and your three friends were gone in a flash. You backed further into the bathroom, calling their names in fear.