Buzz is Taken Over

10/23/19

"Look at this place!" You exclaimed in awe at the giant store stocked full of endless games. It seemed like every video game in the world was in there, all of that and more.

"Hooray!" You saw Rex's bright smile when he lifted is head from behind a display. He ran over to Sora as he cheered, "Look, look. I found it!" He shoved a copy of Verum Rex in the confused boy's face. "See, Sora?"

"Well, I never look this good." Sora mumbled. "The clothes kinda match."

You followed Woody and Buzz as they ignored Sora's conversation with Rex and instead walked further into the game store. The walked past a giant display board for Verum Rex that had a closeup of Yozora on one side.

"Waddaya know?" Woody beamed. "They are video game figures. See, I told you, Buzz!" The cowboy turned to the Space Ranger. "They're toys, just like the rest of us..

Buzz sent Sora and his friends yet another suspicious glance. "Well, I suppose...."

"Alright, everyone." Buzz announced after a few moments of thought. "Now that were back together, it's time to return to Andy's room."

"Now?" Rex whined. "But can't I at least check the strategy guide? I want to know how to beat Bahamut!" He was digging through a pile of books, only stopping when he pulled up one for Verum Rex.

"Next time." Buzz told him, gently taking the book from the dinosaur's hand and placing it back in the pile. "Right now, we need to get home." He patted Rex's snout when he frowned.

You gasped, startling everyone as he cowered slightly behind Woody. "Look!" You pointed at the Xehanort who floated down slowly, gently landing on the ground without a single noise from his boots.

"Oh, but you needn't rush off." His hushed voice growled.

"Xehanort!" Sora spat, summoning his Keyblade while Donald brought out his wand, and Goofy, his shield.

"I have more to observe. I can't let you leave yet." The Xehanort remained calm, but entertainment was heard in his tone.

"It's us you really want." Sora bargained defensively with a firm glare. "Leave the others out of this!" A long moment of silence sat after the boy spoke his words. The Xehanort's expression never once changed or wavered, so you couldn't guess what he was thinking about.

The Xehanort eventually grumbled, "You would say that, champion of light. Very well, let's skip to the final stage."

Suddenly, you heard Buzz groan from behind. You turned in shock to see him in some sort of trance. What worried you most, however, was the aura of darkness and shadows that now enveloped your friend. His eyes soon snapped open as he directed his attention to Woody, aiming his laser at him, it red light aimed right at the cowboys head.

When Woody noticed, he gasped with slight fear. "Come on, Buzz. Quit fooling around!" He ordered, but you couldn't deny the slight tremor you heard in his voice.

"Look out!" Goofy yelled, running in front of Woody just in time with his shield up as Buzz's laser fired an actual shot that could've killed.

Buzz then aimed at you, causing you to instantly dash over to Woody, who was being guarded by Goofy and his trust shield. Woody pulled you into his arms protectively as you trembled. "I can't believe it!" The cowboy gasped. "Buzz has been taken over?"

"What did you do to him?" You heard Sora yell as he began to chase after the Xehanort.

"I thought I made it clear." You man of darkness replied with an annoyed huff. "I am testing the strength of their bonds. In this world, toys have hearts. And those hearts come from a powerful bond."