True Freedom

11/17/19

Woody stared at Bo with wide eyes, unsure of what to do. He knew what his heart wanted, but at the same time, what about hers? The two stared at each other in stunned silence, neither knowing what to do or say, until the sharp rev of the truck's engine broke out as it burst to life. The noise quickly caught their attention.

As he turned back to Bo, he found he was at a loss for words, and all he could do was helplessly stare at her as he awaited to see how she would react. To his surprise, she smiled warmly at him and gently adjusted his cowboy hat. "Go get her, Sheriff."

"Are you sure?" He asked as a bright smile began to appear in his face.

Bo nodded. "I never deserved you anyway. I always knew you would belong to (Y/N) eventually." She brought her fingers to her mouth and gave a sharp whistle, and the carnival gang came up to them in an instant.

"Yo, what's up, Peep?" Bunny asked.

"Got a mission? Another toy? A sad kid?" Ducky asked quickly in succession.

She gave them a determined smile. "We're going after that truck to save the cowboy's girl!"

"Say what!?" The plushes asked in unison. Bunny glanced at Woody before turning back to Bo as he asked, "I thought you were a thing!"

Bo smiled at him before turning to Woody. "We used to be, but not anymore. Not since the day I was taken from Molly. I always knew you belonged to (Y/N) once I left."

He sent her a warm smile in return as he said, "And I was a fool to not realize it sooner."

"Come on, we're wasting time!" Ducky yelled as the truck began to speed away. "Let's go!"

"Thanks, guys, but I need to do this in my own." Woody grinned, firmly adjusting his hat as he glared at the truck that started down the street. "This is my fault, so it's only fair I fix my own mistakes."

Laughter from Bo cut him off. "Hang on, Sheriff. You're at least gonna need some speed to keep up with that truck!" She sassily put her hands on her hips as she smirked down at Duke. "And we know just the Canadian hero to help!"

Duke Caboom smirked triumphantly. "Duke Caboom is the fastest hero alive! Let's go get that toy!" He began to pose repeatedly, which Woody quickly scolded him for as he climbed onto the back of the toy motorcycle. There wasn't anymore time for nonsense, especially since it was (Y/N)'s life that was on the line.

The two sped along the sidewalks, maneuvering between stands, benches, and boxes as they tried to stay out of sight. Luckily, many people weren't out and about as it was lunchtime, which saved a lot of time that could've been wasted otherwise. Eventually, the truck started to head towards the outskirts of the town. "We need to catch up to him, and fast!" Woody gasped.

"Don't worry. Duke Caboom's got this covered!" Duke smirked as he violently turned the bike into a small alley. By taking a speedy shortcut, the two toys managed to come back onto the sidewalk of the main street just a few feet ahead of the truck. When Caboom noticed a tall stack of boxes and flat cardboards up ahead, he beamed, "Get ready to jump, cowboy!"

"What!?" Woody hollered in shock, but there wasn't time to be stunned. Caboom steered cowards a slanted cardboard flat and the motorcycle flew into the air. Although still puzzled and overwhelmed with the sudden plan, Woody leapt off the bike just as it started to soar overhead of the moving vehicle. He realized he jumped too late, and he braced himself just in time to grab the back of the truck.

Once he got through the struggle of pulling himself into the back, he stared in bewilderment at the dozens of sealed boxes before him. Normally, he would've sighed with annoyance at how large of an obstacle this was, but since all his brain could focus on was the image of you, he simply accepted the challenge with ease. When he looked around and noticed a loose screw laying on the ground by the back gate, he picked it up and began to run from box to box.