Homecoming

7/11/19

The rocket, well, rocketed down the street. It slowly began to lift higher and higher until RC was no longer on the ground, only being held up by Woody. He soon couldn't hold on any longer, and RC luckily was sent flying right back into the trailer of the moving truck.

The rocket shook from the turbulence as it spiraled into the air. Buzz's arms were even tighter around you now and you clung to Woody for dear life. "Ah! This is the part where we blow up!" Woody panicked.

"Not today!" At the very last second, Buzz pressed his red button as his wings spread out, ripping through the tape and detached the rocket. It exploded as Buzz dove downward towards the ground. You and Woody screamed, but Buzz miraculously swerved upward into the air.

"Hey, Buzz! You're flying!" Woody exclaimed.

"This isn't flying. This is falling with style." Buzz smirked, soaring through the air.

"To infinity and beyond!" You and Woody cheered in unison.

Buzz continued to fly, even going right over the moving truck. "Uh, Buzz, we missed the truck!" Woody exclaimed.

"We're not aiming for the truck." Buzz replied. You and Woody looked down to see yourselves right above the blue van. The Space Ranger flew closer to the top of the car before the three of you fell in through the sunroof. Again, you were so thankful there was cushioning below, even if it came in the form of Andy's hat in the box.

"Hey! Wow!" Andy exclaimed, looking at the box.

"What? What is it?" His mother asked.

"Woody! Buzz! (Y/N)!" He picked the three of you up.

"Oh, great! You found 'em. Where were they?"

"Here in the car!" Andy replied.

"See? Now, what did I tell you? Right where you left 'em." His mother replied. The three of you winked at each other in Andy's arms until he mother continued. "Wait, when did (Y/N) ever come into the car?"

Buzz and Woody looked at you with goofy, sheepish smiles. They had completely forgotten about that. You just sat there between the two with pursed lips, praying neither Andy nor his mother wouldn't question any further.

~~~~~~~~

Andy and his family arrived at the new house, setting it up just in time before Christmas. The toys were all partying in his room, awaiting for feedback from the green army men downstairs. You and Buzz were waiting on the bed, though. "Frankincense, this is Myrrh." Sarge's voice came through the monitor.

"Hey, heads up, everybody!" Buzz announced to all of the dancing toys. "It's show time!"

"Oh, I can't wait!" You exclaimed excitedly beside Buzz as you looked down at all of the happy, anxious toys. But when you looked a little further to the side and saw Bo and Woody under the mistletoe, a small frown came to your face. It was barely noticeable, but Buzz easily saw it.

"You alright, (Y/N)?" Buzz asked before following your line of sight. "Ah, I see."

"Don't worry about it." You told him. "It's fine, I promise."

"You sure?" He asked.

"I swear. I just....thought of an old memory when I saw them, that's all." You couldn't tell if that was a good lie or a bad one.

"Okay then...." Buzz murmured. He didn't fully buy it, but he could tell you didn't want to talk about it at all so he left you alone.

Woody soon joined the two of you on the bed, lipstick marks all over his face. Buzz sent him a smug knowing look while you half-heartedly laughed at the lovestruck look on the cowboy's face. Everyone's attention was redirected at the monitor though as it crackled.