Chapter twenty three: avoidance and Annabelle

you knocked on virgils room. 

no response.

"virgil?" you ask.

no response.

you immedietly panic!

the others rush over.

"hey are you there?" you ask.

the door creaked open a crack and virgils face appeared.

he had been crying.

you felt your heart drop as he looked down at you...you felt so small and horrible...

you shooed the others away and suddenly virgil pulled you into his room.

"are you okay?" you reach a hand to his face and he leans into the touch.

he had a bittersweet look on his face.

"I know you and roman love eachother and im happy for you..." he said as fresh tears welled up. his eyes were pink and puffy...you hated seeing him like this.

"listen...two friends kissing because of a moment isn't love...we were both tired and the atmosphere was...I don't love roman. sure the kiss was nice but Its not like im gonna start dating him." you explained. "why are you this upset about it?" going into mom mode.

virgil knew he couldn't just guilt trip you by admitting he liked you...so.

"I just got jelouse and a bit too close I guess..." he mumbled as a response.

you wiped the few tears from virgils face and smiled.

"hey...why don't we go back out...its movie night. your pick okay?" you say in an attmpt to cheer your edgy baby boy up.

he smiled weakly and nodded before following you out.

"is that my hoodie?~" he purred into your ear behind you. a shiver went down your spine.

"I uh-haha well maybe I uh um." you stammered.

he just chuckled as you both sat with the others.

"you alright?" patton asked virgil while he went through the movies.

"I am...don't worry about me , dad." virgil smiled at patton.

patton gave virgil a side hug before he sat down.

"Annabelle creation" virgil beamed as roman rolled his eyes. you hit romans arm and gave him a look as virgil put in the DVD and sat down next to you.

you put a hand on virgils shoulder and gave him a comforting smile. he smiled back and said a silent thank you.

ok don't get me wrong you can handle ghosts but FUCK DOLLS. that shit is not funny its creepy as hell and makes you have nightmares.

it wasn't even half way through the movie that you were basically hiding behind virgil. patton was hiding behind logan who told him that he didn't have to watch and so patton went to bed.

logan went after him and roman left cause he didn't like horror. so it was just you and virgil.

after the 10th muffled scream into virgils shoulder he lifted you into his lap and you buried your face into his hoodie. specifically the one your wearing.

"I bet I wont get that hoodie back." he smirks.

"shoosh." you whine.

"ok ok." he says while wrapping his arms around you as you curl up.

your knees were to your chest as virgil held you against him.

you were over come with a sleepy feeling and began falling asleep. 

virgil sweetly kissed your forehead as you drifted off to sleep.