Chapter forty eight: The Red King and the light blue mist

you spent the whole carrage ride trying to get out...but after an hour you gave up.

you were away from home all alone in a strange world...and some king wants to kidnap you.

looks like he did. the weight of it all made you miserable. not hopeless...miserable.

you curled up in the corner and daydreamed for what must have been hours.

then the carrage stopped and the door opened. a hand rested on your shoulder.

"don't be afraid. your safe now." a voice said. 

you turn to see a king. 

he offers his hand and you take it. he leads you to a bedroom and says he'll be back soon.

you were so tired...

a maid ran in from what you assumed was the bathroom.

"oh princess you've arrived! come now you should take a bath before you rest. its been a long long day my dear." she says as she ushers you to the bathroom she just came out of.

you weren't in the mood to argue so you just took a bath in peace.

"so what do you think of the king?" she asks.

"hm? oh...I he just told me to not be scared then took me here." you explained.

she sighed "oh roman will you ever be upfront?" she complained. "sorry about him! he wants a proper introduction." she smiled at you as she gave you a towel.

after drying off , you went to bed in a night gown from the closet that fit perfectly.

when you woke up you changed into-

you looked around the castle.

finding that there were human sized playing cards as staff.

"oh my..." you muttered.

you had found yourself on a top balcony when the king appeared. or roman , you supposed.

he took your hand "my dear im so glad we rescued you." he seemed genuenly relieved.

he kissed your hand and smiled.

"I have good news my dear! your going to be my queen" wait what!

"next week darling...see you then~" he cooed before the maid from before led you back to your room and left. you tried opening the door but it was locked.

suddenly someone appeared on your balcony. it was a man in a light blue sweater and black and white striped leggings with no shoes. he wore glasses.

"going somewhere?" he asked.

you paced around the room "apparently not." you huffed.

"well I know you have to get somewhere!" he smiled