Chapter 8

Flashback/dream

Yaboku and I finally finished training, it took 512 years, but it's over. We were born from a wish, it seems like we're the same age. In human years and body we are about 9 years old.

We were playing around, Hiiki, Kiri, Yakubo and I. Yakubo and I's dreams are to finally get a shrine, but Father told us that we didn't need them.

We were play this game we had heard about choosing between telling the truth or doing a dare. It was my turn, so big brother Yakubo asked me the question.

"Y/n, truth or dare?" He asked.
"Mmmm, dare!" I answered with a smile.
"Okay, I dare you to kill as many Gods, Humans, and regalias as possible in Grifer City, the biggest city of all, under an hour!"
"Okay!"

I look over at father watching over us, he smirks, and nods at me as if giving permission for me to do so.
"Rika! Come!"

As I kill, I think about how fun Kiri and I are having, I also think about father's smile after this.

I kill, and kill, and kill, and kill, as if there was now tommorow, by the time I had ten minutes left, I had killed the entire city, other that one street filled with shrines.

I walk into each one, and kill every God and all of their regalias, finally, I had reached the last shrine. As I stealthily made way towards it, I see a group of regalias.

Before they could scream in horror at my bloody face and kimono I slit their throat without making a sound. I hear a scream of pure terror.

I turn my head, my bloodlust directed towards the God I had heard, I only give him an uneasy smile.
"Hi! I'm Y/n, another God, although..... I'm more formally known as the God of power and mischief and chaos! Although you don't really care do you?" I ask with a grin.
"Y-you're no God of power, or mischief or any of that. You are a God of Madness, you bloodthirsty Bast-"

I slit his throat.

"The God of Madness, huh? It has a nice ring to it, but it isn't really the kind of style I'd go for!" I say.

I leave the shrine only to be met by my family, Kiri turned back to her body for, and I grin at them.
"I killed the whole city!" I said enthusiastically with a smile.

Yakubo clapped proudly for us.
"Good job Y/n-kun! Good job Kiri!"

I wave at them, father gave me a small smile of satisfaction. I was happy I made him feel good emotionally. We walk back towards our home, father carrying Kiri and me,
"You both are such good children!" He praised
Hiiro and Kiri were still quite young, but they were very strong!

We were eating, all of a sudden, Dad sudden took out a cigarette, I looked at him as he did.
'Wonder who's turn it is today'

After a while of puffing, he took the cigarette out,
"Y/n, your hand"
I took my hand out as he burned the top off the cigarette with my skin before throwing it out. I sigh.
'Man, now my hand is purple'

End of Flashback/dream

I wake up in terror, I look at my phone, and see that I've slept for 10 hours already, it was getting dark, a little past twilight hours. When I couldn't find Yato around the city, I started to panic.

I had called him, Yukine, and Hiyori multiple times, but to no avail. It was already 9PM, I had been looking for hours.

I got desperate, I was making my way towards Kofuku's place to ask wether or not they knew where my friends were, my eyes only widened at the sight.

They were cleansing Yukine, but that wasn't my main worry, in fact I had two, one was Hiyori, she had the galls, to put three different people's regalias at risk of dying because of her words and how close she was to Yukine, then there was Yato's state, he was close to dying.

I ran towards there, but the cleansing ritual had already finished, I grab Hiyori's collar.
"What the HELL do you think your doing!?" I ask, as her eyes widened.
"You just risked the lives of these regalias for the sake of one, do you think their master would Oh so easily forgive you!?" I yelled at her, her eyes filled with shock.
"Y/n........ it... w-was m....y fau..lt, I should have t-talked to Yuki...ne" his weak tone of voice made me flinch.
"Yes, you're right it was your fault, but that isn't the problem" I said with hostility.
I start walking away,
"Y/.....n. Don't...... leave.... please"

I keep walking.

"F.... for..... big b-brother?...."

I stop walking, I could practically feel the shocked stares of everyone as he call for me, I sigh,
'So he used the big brother card on me, huh?'

I walk back towards his weak body, and pick him up, I put his arm around my neck to help him walk.
"I rented an apartment recently, I'll let you rest there for a while"
I muttered to him, although I could tell everyone heard.

After leaving Yato there, I sat on the wooden chair beside his bed. I sigh,
'What was all of that anyway?'
I asked myself as I hear Yato's loud snores, I had to go out for a job, so I left a note on the table.

I look down at my phone, there I got a notification
A God whom has been getting more and more popular lately has just recieved a gift from a wealthy family the gift being...... click to see more

I click on the website I read through to the part where I was last in.
......the gift being a shrine, for the God Y/n, a God of mischief, power, and chaos.

Oh fuck no.