Chapter 39

Kofuku's cozy home was our current location. No one was here other than Hiyori and Kazuma, however they kept turning to glance at me, like they were worried I had heard something I wasn't supposed to. I tried my best to ignore it.

My regalia groans softly in pain, I press the alcohol soaked sheet into his cuts. He hissed loudly, and bit on the cloth on his mouth.

"You shouldn't have done that, you know." I state in a matter-of-factly tone of voice. He raised a brow.
"Done what?" He asked.
"You shouldn't have jumped in front of me, Sadda! You could have gotten killed! I'm a God, Sadda, I'll just be reborned, but you're regalia! You're irreplaceable!" I scolded.
"Don't think like that! Your death is just as important as mine! You may be reborn, but you won't remember anything. Think about everyone that cares about you, Y/n!" He shouts back.

I send him a glare, he sends me one back. I continue to try to disinfect his wounds. As well as stitch up his stomach, where he was stabbed.

I mutter some curses, still upset with him. Hiyori and Kazuma tried their best to not invade in our conversation, they didn't know what we were talking about.

The door burst open,
"We're baaaack—Sadda-kun, Y/n-chan, what happened!?" Kofuku ran towards us, ultimately pushing me out of the way in order to 'console' Sadda.
"We just came from the mall." Kofuku sent me a questioning look.

"We got in a fight, with a Fisher man." I answer.
"Which one?" She asked, her face turning serious. No one knew this language, not even Daikoku or Sadda.
"The one with the red hat." I reply.
"Why did he decide to fish on lake Quin?"
"He was after a fish there." I motioned towards myself, although I made sure no one noticed. She frowned,
"How come?"
"The seller that requested for the fish is at the top." I rejoinder. "The seller fears there would be a huge network of angry customers led by that fish." I explained.

Kofuku looked down, thinking, and making up her opinions. She looked at me with a worries look.
"Does Yato know?" She asked,
"Like hell I'll tell him." I rolled my eyes.
"Tell me what?"

Well shit, I didn't hear the door close, now everyone is in the dining area looking at Kofuku and I. I curse under my breath.

"Nonya." I answer wittily, Yato sucked on his teeth,
"Tch." He was tired of my bullshit, I could tell.

I grab my bag and made my way out, a hand grabbed me, rough, strong, and firm. I already knew who it was.
"What is it, Yato?" I asked, slightly annoyed.
"You're going to tell me." He sternly said.
"Tell me, why would I? Why is this any of your business anyway?" I hissed, he glared back, his blue eyes glowed under the slightly dimmed dining area.
"Because, I'm your older brother!" He retorted, raising his voice at the end,
"Top shit, Yato. I don't care whether or not you want to know. Let me live my own life, will you?" I snapped, I slipped on my shoes and opened the sliding doors before walking out.

I could feel Yato's heavy stare, and internally rolled my eyes. I stepped on a puddle or water, my eyes narrow.
"Nora." I call out. A small, frail regalia made her way from out of the water, she smiled innocently. Yato's little Nora, didn't he unname her? What is she doing here?
"How did you know?" She curiously asked.
"It didn't rain today or yesterday." I answer. She hummed, realizing her mistake.
"What is it that you want?" I glowered, she 'cutely' giggled.
"Father, he just wanted me to make sure your okay.." I swallowed, hard. She grinned in a mocking manner.
"What's the matter? Cat's got your tongue?" She sneered, I returned her mocking with a smirk.
"No, I just simply can't help but to wonder, 'why does Father keep such a useless Nora such as yourself around?', I mean, even Yato unnamed you, so what good are you in this 'family' anymore?" I grin when I see her flinge.