Chapter 44

It all went to hell after we arrived, my disciples heard of what happened. Already preparing an army, the Gods of fortune seemed to have my back, full support of my side.

I was hesitant on allowing Yato into the war, however, I know he would go against my orders and personally sabotage some of my plans in order for us to prosper.

Who knew, maybe he's be some sort of help. However, I'll see to it to make sure he stays alive in this god war. He's the only thing that now matters to me.

'Liar'

I knew better than to listen to the voice in my head, whispering tenderly, acting as if it was me. I couldn't help it though, all my life I kept the people I loved close to me, which were very few, three maybe four people.

Two of them died, that left the other two, father is practically dead to me, that leaves Yato. I felt a voice in my head, again, 'Duh'.

I almost felt like I was lying to myself, was I lying? If that were to be the case, who do I love?

Love this, love that. I just need my head to shut the fuck up.

I snapped out of my deep thoughts, and stares and my bowing disciples. They had arrived a while ago, giving me updates about how the world was.

There was a growing virus that had already killed more than 300 people, originating from China.
There also was a wildfire in a major country.
Not to mention the leaders of each countries are practically baby's with nuclear bombs, a war.

This war was a result of the Gods fighting against each other. Gods fighting against each other lures in phantoms into the overword, of course, we don't suffer the consequences since we're in sacred land, the humans do.

"My lord, I have heard of the unfortunate news— a precious and sacred vessel was taken from you–" He was cut off my my sharp and strict look. He obediently stopped talking, loyal, like a knight to his king. My eyes widened and my smirk grew with amusement, he bows on his knees. The bitter feeling in my chest grows, yet falters.
"My apologies, my king."
"Go, and find him."
"Who, my lor— oh, I see."

He stands, and turns around. His kimono's tail trailed behind his rushed figure. I glanced at Yato, a few yards away, he was talking with some of the volunteers. I saw him laugh at someone's joke, I couldn't really hear him though.

He must've felt my stare, because soon he turned to look at me, before giving me his signature smile. Waving his hand bubbly at me.

I helped with setting up camp, then I had to sign a declaration stating why I was declaring war on the Heavens. I had forgotten how boring the paperwork was for running an army.

Our camp was large, and it was people securing every arsenal. Each arsenal was a few meters away from each other. They had torches on each of the walls.

We had a cooking area, although we didn't have many supplies or ingredients. Not many cooks were hired yet, so we had to survive with what we had.

Paid soldiers and volunteers talked innocently, that was something that would disappear soon. Horns sounded in the distance, and we heard the footsteps of hundreds of men. I knew what was going to happen next.

One of the best ways to gain the loyalty and commitment from soldiers, is to make them respect you.

I jump up in front of the terrified soldiers, I stopped in my tracks, remembering the fact that I didn't have a regalia anymore.

I furrowed my brows, I'd just have to manage without him. There was just no way to stop the army, they were all coming at the same time, no openings.

I wasn't at all prepared, but if I was going to die, I was going to die a fighter, bitch. I get in a fighting stance, preparing to karate chop anyone who came close enough to me.

Suddenly, I felt someone behind me. I quickly turn around. My eyes widened, a knife. I could feel the power radiating off the powerful regalia. I braced for the impact.

I close my eyes, ready to be in pain. The feeling of a cold metal never came, though. I open my eyes to see what was that stopped it.

A familiar purple subtance, the one that I touched in Izanami's realm, the underworld. I furrowed my brows in confusion, my mouth slightly opened. I follow to where it lead.

I was surprised to see that it blocked the regalia, it was slimy, but the more I followed the trail where it ended the more sharper it got. It turned into a huge but sharp needle, a solid like-knife. It was strange to say the least.

The sharper area went right through the soldier whom had surprise attacked me, he coughed out blood onto my face. I heard the calls of the regalia for his master.

I didn't care for the regalia, or the god whom had attacked me, nor did I care for the stunned looks targeting me. I just stood there, admiring the beauty of the substance.

It was begging me to take off the bandages covering my eye, the phantom's eye to be more specific. The pit on my stomach told me otherwise, however. I knew better that to listen at the strange beauty before me.

I tear my eyes off the matter, and look at the hesitant looks of the army that came with intentions of killing me. I smirk menacingly at them, the smirk soon turning into a grin. It was a bluff, I didn't know how to control this 'power'.

"Are you ready for your court date? Are you ready to be judged my the God of Chaos?"

The Substance: