Chapter 49 -*The Final Battle*- (Finale part 4)

(A/n: There will be an epilogue, so stay tuned for it!)

Blood, blood everywhere. Every god damned corner, building, alleyway.

We were supposed to defend the political city and major city, Strex, and officially we did. However, the population has plummeted, everyone is dead.

The Stixis River war a fearsome crimson red, multiple bodies floated helplessly. A bear plushy was left tattered, most likely a little, innocent girl's. She has probably caught in the crossfire, most likely has already been reborn.

A deathly silence filled the air so tense you could cut it with a knife. The screams of pain and cries of help we silenced in a matter of seconds. Three figures stood there, their swords glinted mercilessly. Their eyes were glowing with blood lust, panting heavily in attempt to regain their stamina.

How exactly did it end up like? Well, let's go back to see it.

*-Flashback-*

I finished the paperwork in my desk, glancing at the clock on my desk. I walked towards the exit immediately, it was about time we started getting ready.

Izanami had announced that she would show up as soon as we started fighting. I told Yato about it, he won't talk to me, he said I've put the human world in danger. I forgot how much he cared about the human, Hiyori.

I figured he'd soon get over it, but he hasn't talked to me all day. I felt hurt, but I drowned the feelings away. This is war not some television show.

I shooed the thoughts away, watching as names were called up to form groups. In each five group was a lieutenant to lead. Each group had around four people.

Each group marched towards the major city, Yato was right beside me.
"Hey," he ignored my calling.
"Yato!" I caught the attention of the other soldiers, he sharply turned his head towards me, glaring.
"What?" He snapped.
"I'm sorry, okay? I wasn't thinking about Hiyori."

The rest of the walk was quiet, Yukine could only stare at me worriedly. He marched behind Yato, on his left. While I marched by myself on the right, since I no longer had a regalia.

Why must I be left unloved all the time?

I shook the thought off, staring at the large castle. The lieutenants collected each of their groups, they climbed of to the top of the castle's walls.

Speaking of the castles, there were walls surrounding the houses. On the top of the walls were where our archery would take place. The walls were made of a dark, grey, stone brick.

There our soldiers were lined up, cannons, guns, and bows were the soldiers inventory. Inside of the walls were multiple portcullis door, there, our soldiers were waiting to come out.

As if on cue, a familiar horn was blown, the battle has started. We heard the heavy footsteps of soldiers, their screaming as the approached us in dangerous speeds.

I looked away from behind me, and stared up front. I skimmed though the many faces of soldiers. Finally, I found her.

Already, my soldiers were shooting arrows, so fast you could barely see them in the air. I smirked at the young goddess, Amaterasu. I felt a presence beside me.

"You finally decided to join the game, Izanami?" I teasingly questioned.
"I'm here, am I not?" She wittily responds.
"You've spotted her already, let's go." I commanded.

We both walked in the inner side of the top of the wall, before going back sprinting before jumping towards the outside.

We had already caught the army off guard by showing up before they did. So, now all we need is to take Amaterasu, and checkmate, another war won.

Amaterasu had stayed back, almost as if expecting us to target her immediately. She stared at us blankly.
"It has been long, has it not? Amaterasu?" I smirk.
"Cut the chit-chat, let's get to the fighting part." She responded in a cold bluntness.

She charged at us, well, more specifically, me. I dodged her attack. Izanami made her hair grab Amaterasu's ankle, she swung her in the air, before slamming her down to the ground.

Immediately, after being put down in the ground, she jumped back. Her now dirty kimono followed closely to her movements. She circled us, running in an alarming rate. She tried to jump towards Izanami this time, but I grabbed her long hair and pounded her to the ground.

To my surprise, she quickly got up, and kicked my stomach. The air was punched out of me, and I coughed loudly. I stumbled back, she attacked Izanami as I tried to recover. Amaterasu flung her foot to Izanami's side.

Izanami rolled on the ground because of the impact. I clenched my teeth, thinking of what to do next. Amaterasu was about to finish Izanami off, I raised my hand. Running towards her. I wasn't sure what exactly I was doing, but as I raised my hand, the familiar purple slime appeared, blocking her attacks.

"What—what is that?" Amaterasu softly muttered under her breath. Her eyes furrowing it, she was trying to study it. I subconsciously smirked at her.

With hand motions, I was able to control this strange power, although it was hard. I made it get behind me, and turned it sharp. I aimed it towards her, she ungracefully dodged.

Izanami quickly used her hair to make it crawl to her neck, I stand, slightly panting. Izanami choked her neck.

My eye widened as Amaterasu grabbed a knife and effortlessly cut through Izanami's hair. Izanami's eyes widened and she hissed.
"Melted together, bronze and emerald, a dagger, how did you know?" She spat.
Amaterasu smirked, "Like I'd tell you." She mockingly said.

Izanami turned to me,
"Y/n, she'll be able to effortlessly take me down, I've tired her out, you end her." I rolled my eyes at her words.
"Does it look like I have much of the resources to take her down? As much as I'd like to deny it, you seem to be more powerful in brute strength, Izanami." I said.
"The eye, use it."

My eyes widened, I was surprised she knew about it, but it clicked, she made the substance, duh.
"I call it Takimomo, it was a futile attempt of getting out of the underworld. However, you managed to steal its power without even knowing it. Now, unbandage the eye." She strictly demander.

Slowly, I unwrapped it, the phantom's eye glowed with blood shot eyes. Amaterasu softly gasped,
"Wait till your little friends find out about this they'll definitely hate you know."

A ping of fear hit my heart, but I knew better than to listen to her. Still, the fear didn't waver. I stared at her, slightly chuckling.

As my vision started getting clearer, I could see her weaknesses, where she was open, and most importantly— her movements.

I hit the left part of her stomach, I heard her groan. She was open, not expecting me to hit her there. While her body was being flung away by the impact, I hit her in her neck. To be exact, her arteries.

Her blood stopped, and she was thrown to the air. She stayed in the air for a second the wind unable to recieve the impact because of the brute force.

She landed on the ground, for a second nothing happened, however, then a huge, one mile long crater appeared. The sound barrier couldn't take it.

God damn, if this ain't the most op thing I've ever seen.

I stalked towards the goddess, staring at her.

"This war....." I whisper to her, she was barely able to keep consciousness.
"Is over."

I put my fist together in the air, and slammed them into her stomach, using all of my strength. The crater became three times bigger, the sound barrier broke.

This war is truly over.

Finally.