THE WAR OF THE GODS (Chapter 22)

Hiyori stared down at her phone. She couldn't help but to look through it, there were rumors recently surfacing about this thing called 'The War of The Gods'.

Hiyori had thought of asking Yato or maybe Y/n, but since those two were still missing, her choices had narrowed down to Lady Kofuku or Lord Tenjin. Of course, she picked Lord Tenshi, given the fact that he would probably know more about it, he was quite the smart God after all.

She walks a few blocks from her house- his shrine wasn't too far away, she spots him outside, talking with his regalia.

"Lord Tenji!" She yells, gaining the attention of him and his other regalia, as well as Mayu.
"Yes Hiyori?"
"Um, do you have any idea of what 'The War of The Gods' is?"

She didn't like the look on Lord Tenji's face, taking a step back, then another. The faces of his regalia had changed too, just what is going on? And what is this 'War of The Gods' about anyway, and why was it all important?

"Where did you get such information!?" His voice seemed panicked, frustrated, dare I say- irritated. This is a new side of Tenji- and she didn't like it.

"I-I got found it from the internet, there were rumors about it going around, there was a division between the Gods long ago, and the problem is coming back now, but that's all the internet has provided us- it's just a dumb rumor- r-right?" She said, a bit nervous.

Tenji's state didn't vanish, he still had that look in his face, and Hiyori couldn't take any more of it, his gaze seemed to burn through Hiyori's figure, reading every thought she had, every memory she had ever lived.

"Lord Tenji, I ask that you calm down, she doesn't know any better, forget not that she is a mere human." Tsuyu calmed him down, Hiyori was internally grateful.

"Yes, you're right Tsuyu, my apologies, Hiyori." He says, his expectation going back to his usual face, however still disturbed. Hiyori chuckled akwardly,
"It's okay, Lord Tenji."

"If you must know, the War of The Gods is a war that caused division between the Gods, two main groups were involved. I had tried my best to avoid go into war, but at some point I had to join due to personal morals." Tenji explained.

"All just because of one man" he sighs,
"That was all long ago, I'm not sure why humans are bringing up the past. That however, isn't what worries me, what worries me is how it all got to the humans knowledge... I'm sure we'll have a meeting because of this soon." Tenji sighs, walking away.

"Wait! Why exactly was there a war just because of one man?! Who is he!?" Hiyori tries to ask, but Tenji was already halfway to going inside his shrine.

"We don't exactly like to talk about that, it's best you talk to someone else about this, our master wouldn't want to get involved with this all over again" Tsuyu says as she follows Tenji back.

"What is going on in the world? What is the War of the Gods? Who is this man?" Hiyori asks herself aloud before sighing,
"Where is Yato when you need him?" she decides to go to Kofuku instead, maybe she knows more about it.