Chapter 34

Panting echoed the large place, otherwise known as the underworld. A place a cruel goddess known as Izanami rules over. Where exactly was the panting coming from? Well, the genius, chaotic god Y/n

He looked up at the ceiling of the underworld, an emotionless expression dulled over his face. Nothing like his usual, cocky expression, the god had finally been put in his place, or so she thought.

The Izanami god had a phantom of her's watched him the entire time he stayed. Looking through his eyes, she grinned, drinking the crimson wine she had produced herself.

He has finally given up.

Although she always offered materialistic objects, the god only ever asked for one thing. A camera. Izanami had asked him why he wanted such a useless thing, instead of a sword, or some kind of weapon.

He answered,
"I'm sure Yato would like to see the pictures I took, once I get back."

That is what he said his first day in the underworld, Izanami smirks. Now he really had no use for it, he should had put down his pride and asked for a sword, for at least a chance to hold his candle against her.

Drinking one last time with a satisfying feeling in her throat, she pats her lips with a cloth, and stands. She walks past her former lair, what was it for exactly?

Well, originally, she made it to experiment different ways of being able to leave this literal hell, and finally see a face other than her own. However her attempts came out unsuccessful. Now, she didn't need it, she had her friend by her side now. Hence the reason why it's now her former lair.

Humming a playful tune, she makes her way through the dirty, bloody dungeons. She traces her long, black nails along the metal bars of the prison. Creating a clanking sound with it. She smiles innocently, however malice obviously hid behind it.

Oh, she just couldn't wait to see her friend.

As she arrived to the occupied cell, just a yard away, she sungs his name, like a lullaby,
"Y/n my dear, dear friend~."

She abruptly stops in her tracks. She screams, and Y/n's response? A smirk, yet a trace of panic dawned upon him, She wasn't supposed to go down there until another three minutes. This'll have to do.

Izanami looked down in anger, yet hatred. How dare he? How dare he escape? She clenched her jaw, grabbing the phantom, she looked at it close.

A paper hung in front of it, when she tried to take it off, a H/c string shined brightly, hanging on to it. She pried it with a bit more force, and it came off.

The paper showed a picture of his sulking figure, the one she thought she had seen earlier. It never even dawned on her that the scene she saw through the demon's eyes were fake.

And the string? It was Y/n hair, the century old god had slowly, on by one pulled out his hairs, so Izanami wouldn't notice every time she visited. Which was every few hours.

Her plan was to break the god and then, make him willingly stay with her for all of eternity. It didn't go as she planned, and she doesn't like it when her brilliant plans don't work.

Izanami was mad, very mad.

"Y/N!!"

~~~

The god ran faster, hearing his name being called out by the Izanami god. He stopped at a door that he thought to be his exit ticket. He opened it as fast as he could, only to see the duller reality.

It seems to be some kind of lair, what was Izanami doing with things like these?

The god questioned the things surrounding him.

Something caught his eye before he could leave. It glowed a dark purple color, it was a chunky, slimy like substance. The thing itself flowed, it looked like a black, slimy dough.

Your POV

It seemed to call out for me, I was so entranced in its beauty I didn't notice myself getting closer to it. It glowed brightly, like an amethyst.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

I hear Izanami's voice, but I didn't listen. The tips of my fingers touched it, the feeling a felt afterwards was excruciating yet satisfying. It felt like someone had ripped my fingers off but I liked it?

"AHhhH."

I cry out, loudly, before focusing more, this was nothing compared to the other things she did to me. I furrowed my eyes at her surprised figure, ignoring the extreme pain nagging at me.

Taking her lack of attention in advantage I speed past her before kicking her and running as fast as possible. I was close to the entrance as it is, so running wasn't too far fetched of a plan.

My eyes trailed up and down on the door, it had already been sealed, how? I don't know. A pool of darkness surrounded me, it was that thing from ealier.

It disappeared as soon as I heard Izanami's screams and screeches, I knew I didn't have much time. Looking around I tried thinking of a plan, nothing came up.

A feeling of euphoria came over me, a dream like view engulfed over me. I would barely keep my eyes open, I looked at my hands. That dark purple substance was on it, only little drops of it though.

I look at Izanami's towering figure as her hair was only a few yards away from me. A feeling of anger washed over me.

How dare she trap me? To whom does thing woman think she's messing with? I am the god Y/n, of Chaos, Madness, and such, she'll pay for this, one day..

I felt frustrated, I never thought straight when it came to anger. That's way I always had a calm, yet playful demeanor played.

But this, I ought to kill her.

I clutched onto to my fist, trying to handle the anger but all attempts were in vain. I swung my fist to the wall,
"DAMNIT!" I yelled loudly, I growled. An inhuman power took my body over, and I loved it.

I look at the sealed wall, well the wall that was sealed. Confusion replaced my anger,
'What the hell? I knew I was strong, but this'

What the hell is happening?