Chapter 28

Hiyori was perplexed, very perplexed indeed.

She stared down at her phone, she eyed the text on her device ferociously. A disturbing text on her phone. She never checked her phone before when it came to unknown numbers.

However, for some strange reason, her mother sent her something. She had tried to ask her mother about it, of course. Her mother had no memory of ever sending that text.

She was on her large couch in front of her TV, her mother presumed someone had hacked into her phone. So she changed her password and that was that.

Hiyori's mother wasn't unsettled by the text what so ever, Hiyori was. Due to the knowledge of the supernatural Hiyori had gained over the year, she knew better than to shrug something like this off.

'Are you ready for the second war?'

The simple text taunted her being. Who was sending these weird texts anyway? Last time she checked, there was a unspoken rule that gods and regalia were not allowed to talk to humans. Although it was more of a choice, you wouldn't get in trouble if you did, it was only unheard of.

Her phone went on, a beautiful melody came from her phone, signaling it was now time to make her way to school. As she walked, she pondered the text message she had recieved yesterday night.

'If only Yato or Y/n were here. At least Kazuma is here, he'll answer my questions, right?'

She kept on walking, trying to avoid the subject. This didn't work though, no matter what, she couldn't stop thinking about the text.

'I have to concentrate, I'm still failing Math!'

She panicked, imagining the angry face of her mother, as she yelled at Hiyori's cowering figure.

She sighs, a dull look forming on her face. She felt the end of her lips form into a frown.

"Hey! What's wrong Hiyori!?"

"Awwe! Is the Mr. not putting enough attention to you?"

Her friends walked over to her once the bell rang, she turns a dark shade of red as they tease her.

"N-no! That's not it at all!"

She blushes, remembering Yato's adorable cat face and Y/n's endless teasing.

'They are both a little cut-'

Hiyori quickly catches herself before she could even think about it.

'Damn you teenage hormones!'

She embarrassingly thinks to herself, hearing the loud giggles and laughs of her friends echo the now empty classroom.

Seeing as it's the end of the day, she decides to make her way to Kofuku's place, that's where Kazuma is after all. Her shoes clank onto the concrete ground before abruptly stopping thanks to the dirt ground of Kofuku's front yard.

As she made her way through the small but subtle market. Where she quickly spots the familiar house owned by Kofuku.

Making her way there, she hears the grunts of Yukine, training hard in order to please his master, Yato. She was disappointed with Yato to say the least, she was upset that Yukine was out here training while Yato was doing Gods know what.

"Kazuma!" She yells loudly, they stop their train, reverting their attention towards her. Although, Kazuma takes this chance to defeat Yukine.

"Restraint!" He yells, catching Yukine completely off guard.
"Hey! That's not fair! I wasn't rea-"
"An enemy will always strike, even if you aren't ready." Kazuma wisely advises. Yukine grunts in response.

Hiyori sent an apologetic smile towards Yukine, which Yukine responded with a grin, signaling she was forgiven.

"Good, now take a five minute break, go to the restroom, drink water, or just relax, maybe get a small snack. Be prepared though, that was only a warm-up." Yukine was now scared as to what might come, imagining the worse and nothing but the worse.

As Yukine left, Kazuma turned his head towards Hiyori, "Anyway, what was it that you needed, Hiyori?" He asked.

"I've tried asking every god I was closer to, I know we aren't too close. I'm hoping you'll give a better answer." Kazuma's brown prompted up.
"Enlighten me." He says.

"What is the War of the Gods?"

Instead of the curious face Kazuma had prior, he now had a look of sorrow. He had looked down, as if remembering painful memories. He looked back at the teenage girl.

"Each god or regalia you ask, they all have a different story to share about it," he pauses, a barely visible tear falls, "but I'll tell you mine."

(If you guys thinks these parts aren't that important, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'll share the reason why I put these parts in.

The first part when Hiyori's at school, it shows how much she's curious and how much she WANTS to know about the War.

The second part, where to took forever for her to talk to Kazuma, well of course he'll be training Yukine, also I needed to get rid of him for a short while.

The third part, when I wouldn't tell you what the war was about. How the gods telling Hiyori nothing was pointless. I need you to know how much of an impact it had on the gods themselves. I had to give them different emotions but different reactions, hence the reason why I took a bunch of paragraphs to write it.

I just wanted yall to know how I see it as a Author. I love writing, and I love those who support me, thank you.)

Author-chan 🍵-