Chapter 32

I stand in front of the two foolish gods, I am ready to fight the wicked god known as Izanami. I then work on new made power. One that I had spent years on making.

I clench my teeth, before opening my eyes.

"Oh Man in whom I cry, grant thee this power that I weep much for. Give me thy strength in which I vow to use scarcefully, power my vessel!" (Made up)

My regalia's name shone proudly, before landing on my wepond and disappearing completely. I grip the totsuka sword, before aiming it at the roof of the underworld.

Not even a second passed, before the place my Nora had hit exploded completely. This caused a hole to the overworld. I grinned in satisfaction,
'Finally, after a year, I didn't think it would word.'

I glance at Yato, a frown appeared in my face,
Why was he so upset? Why can't I be a better brother towards him? Is it that bad, he's never laid a hand on me. This is all my fault, it always seems to be. I don't deserve him.

I grab both of them, before throwing them towards the vent. Nora was already above, after the explosion she is supposed to be turned into her body form. Izanami closed the vent before I could even have the chance to jump in myself.

I grin as they managed to leave, before turning to her. Izanami. Haunting giggles surround me, I glare at the strange laughing ladies. I sigh loudly,
"You can let me go. Even I know that you've blocked at the exits with your hair."

She giggles malicious, "You're so amazing Y/n, who knew you would be such a kind God."
I glared at her, "What are you talking about?" I ask her.
"Don't think I didn't notice, you used that spell, so now the underworld is sealed for at least five days, now no matter how hard someone tries, they can't open any vents from the outside. That new move of your's is quite intriguing, if takes thousands of years to perfect it, not even I could make it." She says with a smirk.

Her hairs let go of me as I silently glare, thinking of a plan, but nothing came up. It was a staring game. I was surrounded by hundreds, no wepons, no plan, I was helpless.

I sigh, giving up. I knew I was going to die, I wasn't too bothered by it. I just didn't want to die with Yato hating me, whatever the reason was.

"Y/n, are you aware with the things going on in the heaven?" She asks abruptly.
"No, what is it?" I answer.
"A new war, similar to the one of before. The more powerful gods want to make that rule again. This time, you won't be able to lead the rebellion, you'll be stuck here with me, of course." She smirks.

"Hmph." I huff. Although I pouted, everywhere I looked I had been analyzing every area to look at where to leave. So far, no dice.

We stood there silently, a dripping noice echoes the facility. I could hear the word 'friend' hinder in the crowd of whatever those things are.

However, through the things I heard in the underworld, I kept hearing explosions. This made the underworld rumble. I look up, curious as to what was happening.

"Ne, Izanami." I call out.
"Yes, dear friend?" I cringe at the name.
"Could you show me what's going on up there?" I ask.
"What will I get from it?" She smirks, drinking the tea on her cup.
"I'll play a game of shogi with you, if I win, you let me see what's going on up above, if you win, I'll stay with you, no questions asked." I say, she giggles.
"Deal."

And so, her phantom brought a shogi board, already filled with the pieces. I moved my pawn above, so did she. Next I moved my bishop up next, she brought her knight up, I slayed it, only for her to slay mine. Giving me an opening.

The game went on, finally it came end.

I had a multiple pieces left, she only had a pawn left. I had a bishop, a knight, a pawn, my king, and a general. Each spot her king would try to move, would be putting her king in danger, I had won.

She was pissed, but surprisingly kept her side of the deal and used her water to allow me to see what was going on.

First, I see Yato and Yukine, Yukine seemed quite upset. I could see the determined look on Yukine's face as he looked at Yato. Hiyori stood there, watching the whole thing go down.

I notice the Gods on the clouds, they seek to execute Ebisu. Each of them had a cloth over their faces to protect their identities. I rolled my eyes, I hate powerful gods.

A large circle then surrounded the clouds, my eyes proceed to widen as those dumbasses make some type of ball of power. I knew, at this moment, Ebisu will die.

'Think Y/n, think! Aha!'

I sigh loudly,
"After all that trouble, man he's as weak as you, Izanami. Although you seem to be weaker, you can't even handle youself without having someone to depend on down here. How pathetic." I close my eyes, feeling her anger bubble up inside.

'Not enough.'

"Aren't you the mother of Ebisu? It was quite the mistake you made there, what a pathetic mother you are. Who's the father? Did he leave you too? Because you were simply to hideous and dumb to-"

That's enough, before she could use that gooey stuff to trap me, I jump up. She tries to aim at my chest to ultimately end me, I dodge.

Her hit landed on the top, I made her angry enough the make a hole on the top, successfully making my own exit out of here. However Izanami, wasn't done.

As I jumped as high as possible I dodge another one of her blows. I only had a few seconds to stop this, here goes nothing.

"I command strength!"
I hand glows brightly, and with my bare fists, I managed to stop the attack. I didn't notice my brother, Yato, trying to get rid of the same force.

We made brief eye contact, before I was grabbed by Izanami. I gasp quietly,

'Fuck, that hurts. Why is it so hot?'

At that moment, I felt the anger of Izanami, the Goddess of Death. I feel her gooey strings of hair tangle around my leg. I make eye contact with Yato, it was all going in slow motion. As quick as we ended the ball of power, it came back.

Ebisu blew up, Yato was surprised, and I ended up back in the underworld. My attempt changed nothing.

At that moment, I had lost all hope to get out of the grasp of my old friend and enemy, Izanami. Now I know, I can't escape her by myself.

I hear Hiyori, Yato, and Yukine call out my name. However someone grabbed on to my arm, but how? Who was it?

I turn around, Sada.

Large tears went down his cheeks, a strained smile formed. His eyes looked exasperated.

"You idiot."