Chapter 24

Episode - 21

We walk quietly through the underworld, Yato had already summoned Nora onto her wepon form, and so have I.

While Yato's regalia had the power of water, mine had the power of electricity. Nora's very handy to me. Since I'm not as good with swords as Yato, Nora attacks with long distances, so I won't have to fight with swords.

Hm.

I had totally forgotten! There was another collaquee today!

Hah, if they found about about me missing a meeting to do this they'll off with me..

Well it was about time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch in silence as the phantoms huddled in groups, I glare at them in amusement. Nora's electricity shocked me,

'Make eye contact, and she'll immediately know we're here, game over.'
'Hm? Right.'

"Y/n, Yato. See that puddle of water there?" Nora asks.
"Put some on, and ignore the stench, it'll help us with avoiding phantoms."

We groan in disgust, before continuing walking by each other. Both Yato and I with our guard up.

"Doesn't this bring back memories you two~?"
"Of all those times we spent together~?"
"We four were feared by the heavens, and now, we're nothing but runts in their way, they disrespect you two everyday, everytime they get a chance to, aren't you two tired of it?"

Yato and I make eyes contact before rolling our eyes and continuing on, ignoring their attempts of manipulation.

A sinister feeling came over me.

"Watch out!"

Phantom-bats suddenly flew over head of us, Yato and I hit the phantoms with our swords, unfortunately only slaughtering a few, out attempts to kill more halted, as a popular, well known god blocked our attacks.

I smirk,
"Ebisu~"

"God Y/n, Yato god. What are you two doing here?"

"I was just about to ask the same thing!"

"Eh, is that Yukine and Sadda you yield?" He asks.

"No this is Hikki"

They look over at me,

"And this-" I caught myself, smirking I look up, "wouldn't you like to know?"
His brow rises, I know how curious Ebisu could be, I couldn't help but to tease~.

Nora suddenly speaks up,
"What a relieve, I was hoping we'd finally catch up to you, now we can finally fulfill father's request!~"

I chuckle, " I had my suspicions of you Ebisu, it seems I was right," I look up at him, glaring intently at him with amusement, "you're the conjurer"

"Hold on, the old man is connected to Ebisu?" Yato questioned in disbelief,
"Is that so hard to believe, I mean why wouldn't he be, you know how dad can get when he want something."

"What 'old man', 'dad'? I'm lost, I'm afraid I don't know what you two are talking about. Is the man you speak of your father? Yato, Y/n?"

Yato looks away, I look down, my hair covering my eyes, only my smirk showing on my face.

"Hm, your refusal to answer only makes me more curious, and when I'm curious it can be very difficult to detour. Regrettably, I don't have time to spend on this now. Ah! I know, we can talk further on the outside. When would be a good time for you two?"

I sweat drop. Yato sweat drops. Nora sweat drops. The other Nora sweat drops. We all sweat drop.

"Your missing the point, we came down here to rescue you!"

Another feeling in my stomach came over me, that moment I realized we had made a regretful mistake, that moment I knew something very, very bad was going to happen. But what is it?

I clench my teeth,
"Hurry up with whatever you need to do, we need to get out of here."