Chapter 35

As the powerful god made his escape from the underworld, a troubled god trained himself as well as his regalia, with the help of Kazuma.

The God was determined to get his brother back, Yukine had never seen him like this. It was only natural that he wanted to work as hard as Yato. The young Ebisu watched in admiration of the Yato god. Having an small "cute" sippy cup for toddlers such as him by his side. Hiyori however, was hitting the books.

She wanted to know more about this war, but at the same time, she didn't want to bother the two hard working males. So instead, she researched more about shintoism and its gods.

She flipped a page and read every single word in it, after a few minutes she flipped to the next. She closed the large, thick book and groaned.

She couldn't find anything about Y/n, other than the fact he was the god of Chaos, Madness, and more along the lines in other books.

Now that she thought of it, she realized she doesn't know much about either of the two brothers. They were always so very mysterious. She wanted to learn more about them both, whether it'd be through this war, from other people, or from themselves.

Nonetheless, her first priority was to learn more about this war, if she couldn't nag more information from Kazuma she would go to her very last resort, Bishamon.

She got the chills just from thinking about her, the way her slited pupils just stares through your soul, her purple eyes seemed to glow in the dark. Her judge mental look seemed to follow whomever was near, and her long blond hair bounced every stepped she took.

Hiyori had to ask, for the sake of Y/n, and Yato.

Glaring down at the book, rendered useless by her, one last time, before getting up, and walking out of the library. Next up, Bishamon's Shrine.

Y/n's POV

I had no time to admire the damage I made with my bare hands, I jump in front, boosting my speed by a long shot, I could feel Izanami's hair attempt to grasp me.

I made it out, the screams and screeches of Izanami trailed as I ran farther away from the entrance of the underworld. I hadn't realized my left eye was hurting like hell ever since I had escaped. I panted loudly as I sprinted and every step I took my leg my leg felt a sharp pain.

I stopped by the river side, sitting on my knees, I splashed cold water onto my face. I hadn't healed my broken and dislocated leg bones.

I had to take in the pain like a champ, my stomach and other injuries cause by Izanami hadn't healed either. It's safe to say that I needed to be treated, ASAP.

I knew that in this side of the forest, I wasn't anywhere near to where Yato and the rest were. I had quite the walk ahead of me, alone. I knew only one thing, I should stay in the forest for a while.

Cities as big as the ones around this forest were infested with humans, what do humans attract? Phantoms. I didn't have the strength or regalia to fight right now. So that was out of the questions.

I could only do one thing right now, steal a medical kit from a pharmacy or something. The darkness is where phantoms hide the best, where they're most powerful.

I practically had to go out in broad daylight, which I didn't like. This, however, was the safest choice.

I walk into a busy pharmacy and casually grabbed a medical kit. It seemed to have the basics, rolls of bandages, alchohol, and some large squared band aids.

I left the store with the kit in hands and walked back to the forest. I put on a large squared bandaid on my right cheek, where Izanami had punched me

Sighing one more time, and wincing as I put to alcohol on my injuries. My healing seemed to slow down when it came to her punches. Why? Don't ask me.

I looked at the trees, they danced as wind whistled and the water shook with the smallest of touch. The wet grass glistened under the sun, signaling that it had rained recently.

My eyes trailed to the clear water of the river, they widened as I look at my face. I put my hand on my left eye, its wide eyes looked at its surroundings.

The only way that could have gotten there would be by allowing phantoms to take over half or more of my body, but It hadn't done that. Throughout the days I stayed in the underworld, I hadn't slept, at all.

So how? How did I get the eyes of a phantoms, I don't feel any blights, nor do I see them.

My eye was a purple and yellow mixture, it was wide, like the eyes of a phantom. It felt like I could stare into something and analyze forever. I could look at something and see the cells, atoms, and molecules.

It was like my eye was some type of microscope. It hurt my head just looking at all the different micro organisms living there. I layed my palm on the center of the eye to keep it from seeing more, it was the only way to stop the migraine forming.

I groaned feeling the forming pain start to fade away, using my right eye I looked around. I stare at the bandages, and while keeping my left eye shut, I roll the bandages, and covered the eye.

This was to keep my eyes from becoming a microscope, and to also keep anyone from knowing I had the eye of a phantom. If the gods knew this, who knows what they'll do to me.

Taking one last look at the reflection of my bandaged face, I moved on to my wrist. Those crazy doghounds of Izanami had dug their filthy nails on my wrist and even my arms.

I wouldn't be surprised if those injuries never heal.

I wrapped the bandages on my arms, and then started with my legs, down to my calves. By the time I was done, I had completely finished the roll of bandages.

Although most people would think I looked cool or badass, which I did, I felt like a fucking mummy.