Stories

In order to obtain a book you need to give away something in return. A book tells different experiences and stories. It lets us into another world. We get a glimpse into another life.

People choose books based off the cover and the price. If the cover doesn't interest them then why bother reading it and getting to know it? They think, "Must I pay that much for one book? I'll get this one instead. It's much cheaper."

As a result, many books lay resting on the shelves, just waiting to be opened. They wait for that one person who will dare to uncover their story. Someone who will decide the book is worth any price.

What if I told you that people are like books? Each person has their own unique plot and character. Sometimes it takes a little while to get into a book, but then you can truly appreciate its worth.

The people we meet on the internet are like stories without seeing the cover or the plot summary on the back. All of the small brushes with others ink the pages of our lives.

Every person in the car you drive past on the way to work, the girl you bumped into, the man who held the door for you, and any other person you have ever encountered, has a story waiting to be read. We are all walking stories, colliding with each other to write one together.

~ Crumb