Chapter 19

When I got home the lights where on indicating Emery wasn't asleep my heart beating faster than normal.

Emily close on my trail. Emery upon hearing us walk to the living room, smiling at me. But her smile left her face Ashe glared at something behind me more like someone.

"What is she doing here Chris." Emery asked taking steps towards us. She looks so livid right now.

I opened and closed my mouth, I couldn't talk I just stood there looking at Emery.

"I'm moving in with you, for the sake of the baby" Emily said, I still couldn't look at Emery in the eye.

The guilt was eating me raw, the next thing I heard was the sounding of a slap, Emily was on the floor one had holding her flat tummy the other holding her almost bruised cheek.

I didn't know what came over me but I slapped Emery pretty hard that she went back two steps before falling on her ass.

I rushed to the aid of Emily asking if she was okay. Emery all forgotten by me.

I stood up and helped Emily up, Emery was on the floor holding her red cheeks, her eyes blurry the shock, the hurt and betrayal on her face.

"Next time think twice before laying your hands on a pregnant woman." I spat at her as I lead Emily to the guest room I have been occupying for some time now.

When I was sure Emily was okay and didn't need anything I left her and entered our bedroom. That where what just happened hit me pretty hard.

I can't believe I slapped Emery, lawfully wedded wife. I abused her. I searched the whole house but couldn't find her, I'm yet to search in the room we designed for our future kids there I saw her lying on her side.

She cried her self to sleep. Where I slapped is now red and a little purplish. I used the duvet to cover her silently praying she forgives me for what I did.

I made my way to our bedroom and shower sleep soon found me. In the middle of the night someone snuggled closer to me with the smell I instantly knew it was Emery so I kissed her hair and said a silent I'm sorry before cuddling her to bed.

I was woken by the bright light, I rubbed my eyes as I sat on the bed only to be met with a stunned Emery holding her pillow in her hands and Emily comfortably sleeping at Emery's side of the bed.

The guilt was killing me, I cheated on my wife, right under her nose in our bedroom.

Emily was wide awake now yawning, so oblivious to what was going on.

Emery face has turn into a naysay colour can't believe I did this to her. Just after a week if our marriage.

"I'm sorry to disturb your sleep I will just get my clothes you shouldn't me continue with your sleep.

Emery silently walked to our closet and took a handful of clothes as she made her way out, I didn't miss the first tear that fell from her eyes and I'm sure her twin didn't miss the sob that escaped her mouth as she tried to cover it with her hands.

"What have I done" I bitterly thought to myself as I pulled the roots of my hair.

I nearly cried writing this chapter

Chris has changed so much poor Emery

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments