Chapter 28

Chris POV

"Chris I'm pregnant" the words of Emery keep on ringing in my head. I could see her face in my mind.

How she was trying to hide her happiness, how she dulled the shine in her eyes. But I wasn't ready to be a second dad.

"Idiot she is your lawfully wedded wife, for better for worse, and this one is for the better. Children are gifts from God I suggest you embrace the gift and accept it with two opened arms." My subconscious chided me.

"But I'm not ready, Emily is pregnant for me only God knows if that baby is mine and now Emery to." I replied to that idiot I call a conscious.

I pulled the roots of my hair so hard, as I took a sip of the Coffe in front of me. Yeah I came to a coffee shop.

"Hey moron! You are hurting me quit pulling the roots of your hair, and stop talking nonsense about you not been ready to becomes dad. Did Emery impregnated her self? It takes two people to make a baby, and you are at fault also I suggest you go home and apologise to her, that poor girl has suffered enough already after marrying you. And don't forget you took her virginity so the baby is yours go back and make things right before it too late. Go back home now she needs you more than ever."

"Excuse me sir, are you alright?" The waitress who served me asked jolting me out of the argument I was internally having.

When I didn't reply and kept on looking at her like a zombie she blushed and fidgeted with her hands making me remember Emery.

"You where pulling your hair so hard that your knuckles have turned white and you looked to be in so much pain. That why I'm asking if you where alright." The waitress continued a little concern on her face and voice.

"Yeah I'm alright, can I get the bill please." I asked her, immediately she left I left a huge amount of money in the table for her as I drove home.

My conscious is right, Emery needs me now more than ever. And I will love her and the baby she is carrying till the end of time.

When I got home I called for her but no answer, panic began to set in, it been an hour and a half since I left home.

I checked all the rooms yelling her name in the process no answer, I was about to call the authorities when I found her lying unconscious on the kitchen floor, where I left her.

I immediately rushed to her side and picked her bridal style. She has a fever, immediately I placed her on our bed I called the family doctor and explained our situation.

I used a wet towel to cool the fever down a bit and she began to stir in her sleep. Immediately she opened her puffy and red eyes I began to feel guilty.

I'm the cause of this. I did this to her, I shouldn't have left. But now I'm here for my family I'm here to take responsibility.

Thank you all for the 3k reads.

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments.

Should he ask for forgiveness should Emery forgive him.