Chapter 29

When I woke up I was in our bed room, covered with a duvet. But the last thing I remembered was Chris leaving me in the kitchen.

Walking away from me, he didn't want this baby, he didn't want anything to do with my baby and I.

He has chosen his side, he has chosen Emily and her child over us. That no problem I will ask for a divorce when he returns.

But will talk to him lastly before and if he still insists he doesn't want to be a daddy I will divorce him and go my way.

The money my biological parents left me is enough to cater for me and my unborn child. And my investments to will surely help.

Everyone I love has left me, I need to be strong and fight this battle alone. I can't continue to be that weakling everyone sees me to be.

My adoptive parents choose my younger sister over me, my husband doesn't want my child but he prefers the child of my younger.

I didn't know I was pulling my hair so hard and crying at the same time when I heard footsteps coming towards my way.

"Emery what are you doing" Chris shouted as he set the tray he was holding aside and rushed to my side.

I was shocked, my hands stocked in my hair, my eyes widen, my mouth open wide enough for flies to have an anniversary over there.

Chris was shaking me but I wasn't moved by him, I still can't believe what I'm seeing. My parents looking at me, I could see the guilt in their eyes.

They weren't able to hold eye contact and dropped their gazes like when they look at me I will swallow them.

"Emery are you alright please, say something" Chris shook me violently now, not to much to cause me harm.

When I snapped out of it, he gently turned my head around to look at him, the tears I thought have stopped flowing haven't.

How I managed to seat on the bed is beyond me. My parents haven't moved a muscle, they where rooted at the door.

Chris tried his best to clean the tears but the more he cleans the more it flows. I even hiccup, I tried holding the sobs in but no they wouldn't stop.

When I managed to control my crying, I cleaned my tears and faced my worst fears, my husband and parents.

"If you are here because of Emily don't worry I'm not a treat and I'm never a treat to her. So tell her she can have Chris to herself I'm leaving." I told my parents.

I turned to look at their shock faces but I'm done with them, I'm done with them pretending they like me.

"Chris, don't worry you don't have to be a father to my unborn child, I won't bother you with responsibility, because I'm leaving, I will raise my child as a single mother. I will send you the divorce papers when I leave, my lawyers will bring it." I told him, thanking the heavens for not letting me cry.

"What are you talking about Emery, what divorce are you talking. Why are you divorcing me?" Chris asked at the verge of crying.

I shook my head, the tears I can't control them now, as much as I wanted to I couldn't not any more so I released them from my holds.

"You don't have to be a father to my baby, you told me this morning you weren't ready to take responsibility of two kids. You weren't ready for my baby, I'm okay with your decision, go and be a dad to Emily's child. I will singly raise mine, but of course you will have the right to see him or her anytime you wish" I told him, starring blankly at him.

Sorry for the long wait, have been super busy two or three more chapters the book one will be over.

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments it makes me happy reading your comments.

1.Should Emery leave Chris for good.

2. Or should she give him a chance.

3. Should she forgive her parents or never forgive them