Chapter 21

I tried getting off but he refused and insisted on carrying me. He gently set me down at the entrance of the house.

I didn't say or look at him as I made my way to my new room. I immediately fell asleep without changing from my wet clothes I know the consequences of my actions but yet still I slept in them.

I woke up with a massive headache and a bad cold the next morning. With trembling hands I made my way to the kitchen to get something to eat.

Thankfully I was alone, I managed to put the pot on the fire, I was shivering a bit when I felt the presence of Chris in the room.

When ever I see him memories of his betrayal comes flooding back, he hasn't asked forgiveness. He made and attempt to move to me but I moved away as I went into the cupboards to get a mug.

"Emery, you are shivering let me help you please" Chris pleaded as he stood right in front of me. I only glared at him as I began to fry some eggs with difficulties.

"What that smell, can you please throw it away". Emily said immediately she entered the kitchen.

Chris eyes widened slightly and pleaded with me to go and eat my break fast outside.

Unbelievable I can't believe Chris is doing this. I complied with a sad and solemn face made my way to my room to eat. Washed down and took some aspirin for the headache and some cold shower for the body temperature.

Chris hasn't gone to work the last two days he has been working from home. And I feel jealous Emily could made him at home while I'm useless I couldn't do anything.

When I reentered the kitchen, Emily immediately rushed to the bathroom to throw up all the breakfast she ate.

I felt bad, how can I still be jealous of her in this her condition. After brushing her teeth she covered her nose and glared at me.

"What wrong Emily" Chris softly asked, looking at Emily who couldn't take her eyes of me. I was confused as well so was also waiting for her reply.

"It her scent it makes me sick anytime she is round" Emily finally spoke. I widened my eyes and looked at Chris who had an apologetic face on.

No! No!! God please don't let it be what I'm thinking please no.

"Can I talk to you privately please" Chris asked not giving me the chance to answer him as he dragged me away.

"Since your scent makes her sick it either you stop using your perfume or you move to one of my penthouses until she gives birth. Please Emery do this for Emily." Chris said looking at me like I'm the bad one here.

I starred at him, my mouth slightly opened, my eyes widened like something. I looked at Chris in the eye but he couldn't look me in the eye. He avoided eye contact he knew what he was doing was wrong yet still he was doing it.

"If I'm not asking to much can you go and pack now that will be better." Chris said moving out of my way.  I can't believe this happening my world is falling apart.

And there is nothing I could do. I packed the my things with my eyes blurry, my heart is hurting so much I just fell like dying. I made my way towards the garage after packing my things, I made a brief eye contact with Emily who had a dirty smirk on.

Yes finally Emily has won, I silently sent a prayer above to the almighty to make everything right as I sat in the passenger seat waiting for Chris to drive to God knows where. I don't want to go to my parents house they are even avoiding my calls.

I think Emily is going to far and Chris is also blinded by pregnancy gosh poor Emery