Chapter 2

Shortly after Dr.Smith walked in with his usual bright smile.

"Ahhh Ms.Singh, early as usual"

With a laugh I responded with a good morning and informed him about the cricket team coach who just called.

"They want me to come to India this year?!"

"I think"

"This is a very short notice and I am fully booked with my clients. Do me a favor and give me their number, I'll talk to them."

I wrote the number and handed it to him and he walked into his office.

Dr.Smith was an angel to me. When I first came to America, I didn't know anyone nor did I have enough money to live in an apartment of any kind. Dr.Smith let me stay in his guest house for 6 months before I was able to move into a small apartment from the job at his clinic. He was my everything here. I didn't have any friends here. All I did was eat sleep work and repeat. I did have one friend though, well more like a co-worker, Maria.

As if on cue Maria stubbled in the front door, falling on her face with her Dunkin coffee all over the floor.

She's different, to say the least. A little slow, a little clumsy. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that weirdo.

"Jasmine please make sure Maria is okay" he sighed and shook his head. He didn't even look up to know it was Maria, after all, she was his daughter.

I ran to help her but I slipped on the coffee and fell right next to her with whipped cream all over my face. I looked up to see Maria's hazel eyes staining at me. We both looked at each other and started laughing.

"Jasmine so I talked to the coach and told him-" he looked over and shook his head. "Go home and clean up both of you. I want you two back in a half hour. Jasmine clean up in our house it will be quicker."

I nodded my head and both me and Maria walked out looking like clowns.