Chapter 11

I bid my farewells for the night and Maria and I went to our rooms. We both were exhausted so we decided to call it a night and chill in our separate rooms.

I went to start unpacking when I heard my stomach growl.

I always found this the most exciting part of a hotel. I could call people to bring food for me.

I started looking at the menu options and they were all mouth-watering but I chose a veggie patty sub with ranch, chipotle sauce, and hot sauce and asked room service to bring it up to my room.

I unlocked the door so I could just tell them to come in and not have to get up another time.

I know I'm very lazy.

This whole day I had to wear formal clothes and I really just wanted to wear something looser so I decided to change before getting my food.  When I undressed and went to find my clothes I realized I left them outside so I wrapped myself in a towel and was about to go out when I heard a knock.

Room service really chose the wrong time

"Come in!" When the door opened I continued "please leave the food near the bed and wait outside I'll give you a tip when I'm out of the bathroom!" When I heard the door close I ran to my clothes.

"Uhhuh" someone cleared their throat behind me and it scared the living soul out of me.

"AHHHHHHHH" I turned around and held on to my towel that was falling down.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! GET. OUT." Sitting on my bed in front of me was none other than Mr.Hardik Pandya.

"Damn" he stared at me up and down "did you start working out? Cuz last I remembered you were kinda chubby." 

What. The. Hell.

"Get out. I don't wanna talk to you."

"hmmm I'll think about it"

"You... you... YOU!" I ran out of things to say so I decided to tighten my towel and change in the bathroom now that I have gotten my clothes.

I started walking towards the bathroom and Hardik grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to his chest.

I hate to say it but his touch made me slightly breathless and my heart started beating really loud.

"Who.Is.Arjun?"

"Whaa-"

"So how many men, sorry boys, have you been with since you left?"

"What are you talking about and how DARE you talk to me like that?"

"I'm just telling the truth... I mean who is Arjun and why are you even getting drunk with him? Didn't YOU tell me how you would never drink and how bad it is for you?"

The anger got the best of me and I slapped him.  As soon as I slapped him I realized my mistake. The hand I used to slap him with was the same hand I used to hold my towel around my body. I felt the towel fall off my body. I hurried to cover my body but I was too nervous to move so I stood there, like an idiot.

PICK UP THE TOWEL YOU IDIOT!

I stared right into Hardik's eyes and he stared back. He slowly took off his jacket, his eyes still connected with mine, and covered it around my shoulders.

I took this opportunity to cover my goods. 

We stood there in silence. Years had gone by and I wondered if he ever thought about me, if he ever tried finding me. I practically disappeared after graduation. Did I even mean something to him? Maybe a friend? Maybe more? Something? Anything? What happened to Maya? Are they still friends?

All these questions were piling up in my mind. I wanted to yell, scream, tell him how much it hurt me

"How have you been? I see your dream came true" I smiled trying to act tough.

"Been great, wonderful actually, no sorry I was great until you came back into my life."

He stepped one step closer to me.

For a second, a split second, I thought he changed but of course, I was wrong.

"I had no desire to come back into your life. Why would I ever want to see you again? Everyone in college called me the local slut because of you. You. YOU WERE THE REASON FOR ALL MY PROBLEMS! YOU!" I lost all my cool. "YOU WERE THE REASON I HAD NO FRIENDS! YOU WERE THE REASON WHY I WAS BULLIED. WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO ARJUN IS? WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE?"

I stepped one step closer to him.

"Hey hey hey hey hey I didn't do anything that other people didn't see. Everyone already thought you were the local slut before we met. Not my fault you dressed and acted like that, and it matters. I have to tell him what he might be getting into. I mean who wants to be with the local slut... unless he's just using you for..." he laughed.

He stepped closer.

"I always wore jeans and a shirt and spent most of my time in the library! What's wrong with you? Why are you always trying to take away my happiness"

I stepped closer.

"Look at your self. You're practically naked in front of me. If it wasn't for me, you would have been completely naked." He snorted

He took a step closer, our bodies nearly touching.

"I hate you. I really do." I whispered and looked right into his eyes.

For a millisecond, I thought I saw hurt in his eyes, but whatever I thought was gone as fast as it came.

*Knock* *knock*

"Room service!"

"And that is how you know it's room service. Don't just let anyone in your room. This isn't Los Angles...babe." He winked before he closed the door. I heard him tell the lady outside to leave the food at the door because I was changing.

I hate him. I really do.

Wait... How'd he know I was from Los Angles?