Chapter 16

I stood there.

Completely shocked.

What did he just ask me?

"I don't like repeating myself, Jasmine. What the hell do you think you are wearing?"

"I-I-um-I-" for some reason I got super nervous by our close proximity.

"What's wrong with you? Speak up!"

"A dress" I practically whispered.

"A dress huh? This thing barely covers your ass, your whole back is out, and it's super tight that is like a second skin! Is this what you call a dress?"

He was shouting now, and many heads turned our way, but I didn't care.

How dare he? I am not his girlfriend! He can't talk to me like that! Why does he care what I wear?

"I can wear whatever the hell I want to wear! What's your problem? I don't see you complaining and yelling when other girls wear dresses like this? So why ME?"

He came closer, which I didn't think was possible, and whispered in my ear "See here's the thing, babe, all those other girls actually look good. You-" He stopped to laugh "You look like the slut you are. Is that all your parents taught you to be. I mean coming from a poor family I could see why you would want to be this way. Is this was your father taught you? I won't be too surprised if he did because I didn't expect anything more form people like him. He is so-"

I didn't let him finish.

I slapped him.

That was it. That was the last straw. I had enough trying to act civil with him. Who does he think he is? I can take anything, he could call me anything I would take it without a care in the world, but no one NO ONE talks about my parents like that.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to curl up in a corner and cry but I didn't want him to get the satisfaction of seeing me like that. Fuck, I didn't even want to give him the satisfaction of giving him a response.

So I pushed him off of me and I walked away. I saw a shocked look in his eyes, maybe even some guilt, nahhh he could never feel guilty.

I ordered an Uber to get to the club and left him behind as he watched the car drive away.

I let a teardrop fall out of my eyes before I quickly wiped it away.

He is not worth your tears I kept reminding myself

I am going to get shitfaced tonight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got to the club I promised myself not to think about what he said and to pretend it didn't affect me when it really did.

I was in no mood to be out partying, I felt disgusting in the dress, I felt ugly. Not only that but how he talked about my dad bothered me too. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Soon after I came in Hardik followed.

How fast did he drive?

"You look like you could use a drink"

I turn around to see my beautiful best friend Maria already tipsy.

"More like ten. Keep 'em comin' my way"

"Wooowwww what happened to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Wellllll" She giggled "you never agree to drink anddddd you never talk like that... you know slang unless something happened"

"You are drunk. I just need a drink, it's been a rough day"

"Okieeeeee anyyywayyyyyssss" She could barely stand straight anymore

"Where is the brat?"

"Who?"

"Hardick"

"Oh, he's-"

"You know what I don't really care LETS DRINK"

I saw Hardik holding a glass to his mouth looking at me while I took my first shot.

Our eyes never left each other.

After about the fifth shot of Vodka, Maria grabbed my hand and pushed me to the dance floor.

We danced and laughed and it was honestly, the best time I had since coming to India.

I felt a pair of eyes watch me as I danced but I didn't care he could sit there all day and watch me, I wasn't going to give him any attention.

I kept moving my hips to the beat and dancing with Maria.

The music got a little bit sensual and Maria already found another boy to latch on to so it was my cue to leave the dance floor.

I was walking away when a pair of strong hands pushed me back into their chest. It freaked me out first, but for some reason, I relaxed into their touch. It was familiar.

The man yelled over the music into my ears "I thought you only danced with me at a club. I guess India has changed you"

Huh?

I turn around, only to be completely shocked.

"SURPRISE!" Yelled Maria and jumped to hug the man in front of me.

"Arjun?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N-

CLIFFHANGER!! kinda

I'm back w another chapter

hope you guys liked it

vote comment show some love

also, let me know if you guys want Hardiks POV

Byeeeeeee