Chapter 8

Still six years ago 

He stayed all night and talked until two in the morning until he fell asleep on Neha's bed.

The next morning I woke up hoping to see Hardik, but to my surprise, he was not there. When I looked at the time it was already 10, and I knew he had cricket practice at 5 so I wasn't too disappointed. I quickly got dressed to see him. I was with him for so long I knew exactly where to find him. I skipped down to the garden to find him and his friends sitting near the same area that they always do. 

"Hey, Hardik want some ice cream?"

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

I laughed "Very funny Hardik, let's go"

"Hey isn't that Jasmine," this random guy said "the one you spent last night with... I have to say she's hot"

"Ohh yeah that's where I remember you from. Had a great time with you last night, you were great, but I don't think we can be together anymore. With cricket and college, I don't have time, and quite honestly I'm not into you anymore so bye."

He and his friends laughed.

He was insinuating that we slept together, which we never did. He acted like he didn't follow me around like a little puppy for more than a month. I thought he changed. Maybe he felt bad about what he did to Maya. But no, he was always a pig.

"I can't believe you slept with him, even after he dumped me. This morning MY Hardik came to me apologized about everything and told me how you were the reason he broke up with me. He told me how you had a crush on him WHILE we were dating and to get you off his back he slept with you. I'm not surprised an ugly loser like you probably would do something like that. Now stay away from ME AND MY BOYFRIEND." She took a step towards me and slapped me.

I froze.

Maya.

Maya said and did all that.

He took Maya away from me.

My only real friend.

 Don't cry don't cry don't cry! At least wait until you are back into your dorm.

I started walking away when I felt someone grabbing my hand, I turned around to see that ass wipe and he pulled me closer into his chest.

"Remember about a month ago, we were in this same pose, and you told me that you would never fall for me. Ohh but BABE you did."

"I didn't fall for you"

"I thought you didn't either until you told me about your impossible plan to go to America and work there"

"So that has no meaning" I started tearing up now 

"So when you told me that you never mentioned it to Maya or anyone else I knew you fell for me. Hey but no hard feeling ok?" He let go of my hand, laughed at me and walked away.

You did fall for him, you idiot. How could you not have seen it?

PRESENT

A teardrop fell from my face and made a tail down on my cheek but when a call interrupted my thoughts I was pulled from my thoughts.

Arjun.

I found myself smiling at the name 

"Heyyy cutie" I heard him from the other side

"Hey" I laughed 

"You ready for your flight? Did you pack all your stuff? Did you-"

"Yess Arjun" I laughed "I have everything"

The line was dead on the other line for a couple seconds

"Hello?"

"Yeah hey sorry, I just dont know how to word this."

"Whats up?"

"So I know that you and I...we have only known each other for one day but... it's like... feels perfeffct.. and not in a creepy way... sorry if this is coming off too strong.. but like what I am trying to say... I will miss you."

Wow. I mean he's hot. Like WOW hot and nice and smart its like perfect.

"Hello?" this time it was his turn to check if I was still there

"I'll miss you too." I said in a quiet voice.

He laughed "I'm so happy you said that. So when's your flight?"

"In a couple of hours Maria is about to pick me up"

"Tell her not to come."

"What why?"

"Because I am driving you, and that wasn't a quesrion"

"Fineeee be here in 30 minites ok?"

"Yes Ma'ma"

I smiled and went to put locks on my things.

Exactly 30 minitues later Arjun arrived at my door.

He helped me put everything in his car. On the ride there we shared many laughs. He made me feel ALIVE and FREE.

We were at my gate and staring at each other

"I really will miss you. Call me or text me every day ok?"

"I will"

"Good. Have a safe flight." He kissed my cheek and waved a goodbye

I tured around and saw Maria doing some weird eyebrow movement. I laughed.

This is going to be such an intersting trip.

With that we boarder the plane.