Chapter 52

CHRISTIANS DABBLING IN THE OCCULT

Dear Followers of CHRIST:

Today, I want to talk about a difficult subject: Christians dabbling in the occult.

A couple years ago, my son came home and told me that the English teacher in his Christian high school was recommending the books Twilight: a popular series of stories about vampires. There was a family member who is a self-proclaimed Christian who told me that she and her teenage daughters read the Twilight series and liked them. Other Christians I know have told me, they and their children read both Twilight and Harry Potter books. A friend told me that she even knew of a Pastor of a church in the area who made it known to his congregation that his children were avid readers of Harry Potter and he supported it.

I thought to write on this topic because I rarely now watch TV, but a friend mentioned that they were appalled by all the shows on TV nowadays that are focused on vampire and witchcraft subjects.

That's what caused me to write on this topic again. I am even stunned quite honestly at the Christian community's Facebook pages that "like" the Twilight series books and other similar TV/movie/book properties. Not to mention horror movies; shows with dark themes like murder movies and focused on psychics and mediums. The Bible says to think on things of good report:

Philippians 4:8(KJV): Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The LORD once revealed to me that HE did not need "wizards" to tell HIS Story with reference to the books that use wizards and witches to loosely tell the story of CHRIST such as LORD of the RINGS.

I don't think people realize that there is no "fence-sitting" position with CHRIST and you are either WITH HIM or AGAINST HIM in your Christian walk. The Bible says that the world is an enmity to GOD: 1 John 2:15(KJV): Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the FATHER is not in him.

Only those who are focused on the LORD pursuing HIM in holiness will see GOD ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE. So the Christians MUST release their grip on the things like Harry Potter; Twilight; horror movies; vampire shows; books about wizards/witches; psychics/mediums; horoscopes; dark themed films-etc....This is a very serious hour-don't be involved in such things-here is further scripture from both the Old Testament and the New Testament on the LORD's TOTAL DISDAIN for such things:

1 Samuel 15:23(KJV): For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the Word of the LORD, HE hath also rejected thee from being king.

2 Chronicles 33:6(KJV): And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the Sight of the LORD, to provoke HIM to anger.

Micah 5:12(KJV): And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

Galatians 5:19-20 (KJV): Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Leviticus 19:31 (KJV): Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your GOD.

Leviticus 20:6 (KJV):And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set MY Face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Deuteronomy 18:10-11 (KJV): 10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Isaiah 19:3 (KJV): And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

Revelation 21:8 (KJV): But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 22:14-15 (KJV): Blessed are they that do HIS Commandments,that they may have right to the Tree of Life, and may enter in through thegates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.