Chapter 4

'Oh my god what I get suspended? It looks like I actually meant to push him— oh shit, is my nose bleeding?' I reached up and touched the warmth on my upper lip, looking at the red liquid on my lip. 'Fuck.'

I looked down at the ground beside me and noticed a ball there.

"Someone threw a ball and she pushed me down to prevent me from getting hit!" Kaminari stood on his feet, straightening out his gym shirt. He lied so...flawlessly. It seemed almost natural to him, but he also seems like such a nice guy. 'I hope he isn't a liar...'

"A ball?" Iida questioned, stepping forward. "That is very dangerous! Tell me who would do such a thing so I can report them to Mr. Aizawa." Kaminari glanced around the room before looking back at me. He seemed to be asking for backup, and I could tell by the look he gave me.

"I don't know, honestly..." I pointed down the hall. "But it came from down there."

Kaminari smiled at me, nodding his head as Iida walked off with the rest of our class. He's probably going to tell Mr. Aizawa about it.

Now it's just me and Kaminari.
Alone.
In the hallway.

"So--" we both said at the same time after a couple minutes of silence.

"Uh, you first!" He blurted out and chuckled.

"Okay well-- when I tripped the other day...you were there to help right away....Did you live far from there?"

"No, actually, that was right in front of my house-- saw the whole thing play out! Do you know how to tie your shoes?"

'Great.' I frowned.

"That's so embarrassing of me— and sorry again about knocking you over, Kaminari."

"Hey, I said to call me Denki. I call you by your first name, so it's only right." Kaminari smirked at me, he put a hand on his hip. "But don't worry about it. I like helping pretty girls out."

This is the millionth time he's called me pretty! Well, second...but still. I could practically feel the rosy blush on my skin, it was a warm but pleasant feeling.

"So, (Y/N)....I was gonna ask if you wanted to walk home together, maybe grab a bite to eat? My treat! What kind of stuff do you like?"

He always radiated such happiness and it made me happy just to be around him. Not in that way, I just mean that his mood seems to impact a lot of people! Happy vibes? Yes. How could I say no to that?

"Of course, it'll be fun! Mind if I text my ma real quick? We can discuss it after I get her approval..."

He nodded at me. "Yeah, go ahead!"

Mom💖

Ma
(seen)
Ma
MA
MA
Mom
Mamma
Momma
Mom
(seen)
(typing....)

What?

Can I go out with a friend?

Omg you made a friend!🥰 do you have a crush on them?😄what are u going for?

No, I don't, but we're gonna do homework.

'I'm such a good liar haha'

K🥰 be home by six. Love you❤️❤️❤️🥰

Love you too ma

I nodded at Denki, signaling that I got approval from the all-mighty mother. He beamed, and we headed out the gates of UA.

(7/9/2019)