Chapter 6

I got home late last night, and surprisingly, my mom wasn't outside waiting all mad.

The next morning, my mom called in sick to work, so I had to be as quiet as possible while getting ready. I'd honestly feel bad if I were to disturb her sleep...she gets sick really often because of her quirk.

It was a beautiful day outside, I let the wind cool me down, a welcoming feeling, and I walked with such confidence. I felt pretty. Nothing can ruin my d-

"(Y/N)!" A cheerful voice called out from infront of me. I looked at the voice, and saw a familiar looking blonde leaning up against a fence.

"Oh, hey Kaminari!" I beamed, picking up my pace o I could stand beside him.

"It's Denki, remember?"

With a nod, he approached me. "Wanna walk to school with me?"

"Uh-- yeah- sure!"

~~~~

When we got to the school, we had 10 minutes left to chat, we got there pretty early if you ask me.

"I'm glad someone else decided to come in early!" a deep voice called out to the two of us, waving his arms about. "I am Tenya Iida, incase you have already forgotten my name!"

"(Y/N) (L/N), and this here is...Denki Calamari." I joked.

"Hey, (Y/N)-- I'm right here y'know!" Denki exclaimed and playfully shoved me. I crossed my arms and giggled, whispering to him, "He won't ask!"

Iida squinted his eyes as he examined Kaminari. He clearly found it hard to believe that someone's last name was Calamari, but stayed polite regardless. "Well, Calamari and (L/N), I again thank you for coming in early to class!" and with that, Iida walked back to his seat.

We sat next to eachother, taking a nap as we waited for class to start. Denki gently shook me awake once Mr. Aizawa came in. We were to do a battle trial today.

Uraraka approached Denki and I with a smile, Midoriya followed right behind her. I don't think it'd be wrong to assume he's already caught feelings for the girl.

~~~~

The fight between Midoriya and the so called 'Kacchan' was super intense. I thought Midoriya and Bakugo would actually fucking kill eachother. Up next, it was Denki and I VS Yaomomo and Mineta.

"You've got this, (Y/N)!" Uraraka cheered me on.

"Thank you!"

A few minutes later, Denki and I headed right into the building.

A chuckle was heard from the distance. Denki shuddered, putting his costime's jacket over me.

"Denki? Why are you--"

A sticky purple ball was tossed at us, barely missing my leg.

'Oooh. The pervert....'

I quickly grabbed a handful of air as Mineta ran at me, talk the water from it and tossing it at Mineta, getting him all wet.

Something seemed to spark in Denki. It was like a bulb went off in his head. He ran up to Mineta and shocked him with his electricity. We exchanged nods and ran down the way Mineta came.

"You— you didn't tell me your quirk was water!" Denki said in between breaths.

"Oh yeah? I didn't because it's not!"

He seemed confused when we finally made it up to the villains door. She had to have knows we were coming, the way we were running down the hall wasn't exactly quiet. I held a hand up to Denki, signaling for him to not burst in the door.

I pulled ear plugs made of bees wax out of my pocket and put them in his ears. It's the only way he won't get sucked into my song.

I began with humming, my melodic voice gradually getting louder as I opened the door. It echoed throughout the walls of this place, captivating Yaomomo easily. She looked to me in her trance, almost zombie-like.

I turned around to Denki, who gave me a thumbs up and a wink. I smiled sweetly at the blonde as I continued my humming.

He can still hear, but most of the song is canceled out by the beeswax. I'm not sure how this works, I'll probably ask my dad when I get home.

When I turned back to Yaomomo, she began to slowly walk toward me. This was normal when I've been singing/humming for a while, they're always drawn to my voice. With ease, I was able to walk past her and touch the weapon.

The only way I can release my target is by tapping their head, so that's what I did.

(7/13/2019)